Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a tube bender.....
I've got greenbacks if you have zeh bender.
PM me.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
http://m.harborfreight.com/garage-shop/pipe-benders/12-ton-hydraulic-pipe-bender-32888.html

Don't know how sophisticated you're looking for but you can find 20% off HF coupons online.

I got mine for 80 bucks and with a little heat and patience it bends a decent radius on small dia pipe pretty good. And 12 ton is plenty to bend anything youd need on a bike structural or otherwise.

Good luck on the hunt bud.
A pipe bender is not a tube bender. It will work for very small radii MAYBE but any real bending will just kink a tube 99% of the time.

You can always go for the standard JD2 bender but for the money I would check out the rogue fab bender. This is what ill be getting come tax return time. You end up with a fully air/hydraulic bender with a degree wheel, base and a die for under $700 and each additional die is $199 no matter the size (which is a steal) and every die will bend in excess of 180 degrees.
Oh and I know it sounds like im up on their dick but I am in no way affiliated with them, just been researching benders for a while now and found this to be the best deal and what I am going to buy.

https://www.roguefab.com/product.php?id=2

·
Registered
204 Posts
You got to build lots of shit for a thousand dollar tube bender to pay for itself. If its an integral part of what you do for income that's one thing but as a complimentary tool in one's garage id suspect few guys here have that justification.

I've found that with patience I can keep from kinking anything relatively small diameter . Certainly precise enough for sub frames and the like.

Regardless, yes that 700 dollar tube bender is far better a tool than the 100 dollar bender I linked. I just thought id share what success I've been able to have with it. Good luck OP

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I agree I guess, but I was basing it on the OP. Looking at his build pics, NeverEnough (the op) has welders, a vertical band saw, 80 gallon compressor, a mini metal lathe and builds some very nice rides and does so two or three at a time. Pretty sure $700 on a bender would be well worth it to him if he has the money and make his life a lot easier at times.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.... yeah looks like I'll be getting the jd2 here in a bit once I stop buying so many bikes.... smh Idk how I am gonna get all these built lol my income doesn't allow for it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts