Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so project warbird thought i already started a build thread for this but cant find it so start new
so i bought a blackbird carby model
complete except for fairing but a long way from being in running order
i sold the forkes wheels ect and stuck it under a tarp in the corner as ime building a car as well
so lately while waiting for bits to turn up i uncovered it and stripped the motor out heres it kind of when i got it bu with me mocking up a few different seats

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
so after digging into my pile of shite i picked up cheap but didnt really need at the time

we have a ducati 999 seat unit and subframe
a vfr single sided swingarm and wheel
a vfr single sider with triumph 1050 hub and wheel
a cbr 900front end with both cbr 9 and triumph 1050 wheel and discs to match
a full stainless exhaust and a brand new aluminium aftermarket radiator
so the makings of a tidy ped

[ the ducati seat unit and subframe is fitted already] but i dont have pics yet ..............have to say it looks fkn awesome too in my opinion

so ime ummin and argghing about polishing or powdercoating the frame need to pull my finger out and make a decision so i can get it done then crack on
[anyone know if cbr900 rearsets fit a blackbird ??] answers on a postcard please

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
while i remember and talking about shite i have aquired i also have a bird motor with big bore kit gasflowed head aftermarket cams that spun a rod bearing on number 3 so a few goodies that can be transfered onto this engine

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes it was no slouch i had dynosheets for 178 bhp at the wheel but that means nothing but was grunty it also had a widened tank if you look at the pics i want to do that again s much better tan the scoops

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
werent you or didnt you build a custom frame to build that into Yan?

today was spent bead blasting the frame if it was in good condition i would have kept the factory finish/black but it was flaking and generaly looking shite
plan is camo green bodywork [Matt] maybe with a sign written type of design as back in the day they used to do it ..
ime umming and arghing about wether to black the frame and swingarm gloss/flat

or Matt camo green then paint the motor summat bright to add a bit of colour to break it up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts