Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Professional Idiot
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought ide set up a thread for my toxic fighter im building

Started of with a very sketchy stolen recovered CBR 600 FL (1990) Hurricane, that had been hotwired and smashed up a bit, then left sitting uncovered for 8 months before being sold to me for £300 lol

The original pics of when i got i cant find, and they were rather horrific, but after a few hours work of ripping off fairings, changing fluids and battery + rewiring ignition and priming frame to seal the rust spots i cleaned up out, i got this:

then i fitted a LED tail light unit and indicators etc.

got the bike thru its MOT with a bit of work and ran it for a couple of weeks then decided to strip it to a frame - thank goodness i have a long suffering friend with a garage lol

this is what made me decide to shot blast the frame and powdercoat lol

this was my first full strip and rebuild project so by this time i was totaly FKIN SHTIN MASELF!

lump lol

frame and swingarm ready to go to the powdercoaters, notice i ground off all the fairing mounts etc. as i dont need them now.

next up, RENTHALS =] this did require a bit of drilling lol

the difference is mental !

blasting the frame off with water after coating to remove the residue + me standing with a box of bits looking like an idiot

didnt have any pics of me doing the steering head bearings etc. but i replaced them all and the swingarm bearings etc. swingarm bearings were a pig to get out

engine going back in

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/61514_437903764161_563169161_4958618_1826808_n.jpg[/IMG

after yet another long nite in my mates garage:

[IMG]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/59104_438147199161_563169161_4964882_265494_n.jpg

waiting for radiator and oil cooler

back end:

as the bike is now (seat is off in this pic)

·
Professional Idiot
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now that ive got that out of the way, i have another pic of my biek with the new gas mask dominator headlights on it,

i really like this headlight and ive managed to pick up another full cbr 600 in parts apart from the frame itself, the wheels etc are green but need resprayed or powdercoated, but it got me thinking ide quite like to build a toxic fighter in gloss black and candy green (think new kawasaki) im thinking matt black frame, gloss tank, hugger and fender, with candy green details, wheels and tailpiece.

i dont know whether to kick the tail up and keep the pilly seat or to just chop the subby down and have a single seat?

obv the handling would be effected with a kicked up subby if i have a pillion and is this just a crazy idea or is it gona work to keep pillion functionality?

im wanting to fit a small hugger on the back like a pyramid hugger and then mount the numberplate on a little bracket either on the top of the hugger or on a small r1 style kicked up tailpiece if i decide to chop.

i have grand plans for the electrics, its all going to run from a fob for activating the ignition etc. there will be no actual ignition key used, and i will be welding either a new battery box with extra space for the electrics or expanding whats there.

any ideas would be appreciated, thoughts on my paintjob ideas, pillion seat issues are the main things i really need more experianced feedback on lol

thanks

will

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
fookin' pikeys, nickin' me damn bike!! nice find man, and a great start. you got probably one of the easiest-to-transform bikes out there!

·
Professional Idiot
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i chopped the frame today lol first time using a welder in years! started off with the arc welder and decided its utter pish lol scrapped that and fired up the MIG welder, MUCH better lol got a lot of beef on the welds but honestly cudnt give a toss as there definately not going anywhere, and there gona be covered anyway so who cares if they arnt perfect :p

ten mins with a tape measure, a hacksaw and an angle grinder

we took about an inch out of the two top tubes, then the two bottom tubes were cut and bevelled, rods inserted to help with rigidity and the whole lot welded back together.

the finished product lol the back end now looks AWSUM from behind, im thinking of having just a small flat strip led tail light just peeking above the numberplate and then just fibreglassing up a tailpiece.

wat i gotta do is sort out a new seat now aswel, considering an r6 seat or the like, i like the low profile sportsbike seats :p

ohaii more coming soon anyway but right now im nackerd so my bed is calling me lol

as usual comments/criticism/ideas/general slagging is all appreciated :p

·
Professional Idiot
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where did u get the single speedo?
ebay mate, could try find the listing for you if you want, its just a cheap chrome mini speedo lol think its a 10:1 ratio or something? dont quote me but it says in the listing suitable for honda and its bang on m8 :p

will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts