Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought jets from them for my 1985 FJ1100 and they sent me the wrong size that were way to big. The bike flooded and sent them a message and they asked what issues the bike had on idle and running at certain RPM ranges. I then messaged them again saying I can't start my bike because it floods and then waited again for a response. I waited 4 days and nothing and sent another message asking what they figured out and they were like you never told us what problems the bike had while its running. I then told them I just wanted to return them so I sent them back. The refused to pay the shipping back to them but did return my money. The main issue I have is that in there instructions they had me drill the hole bigger in the carb slides with a provided drill bit and I did. On the FJ CV carbs this is a big no and now that I have RPM fixing my carbs for me he is like all 4 slides are pretty much useless now and its almost $80 each for new slides. After talking with EBay and trying to contact the seller who has not responed I am pretty much stuck or forced to file a internet fraud claim through a government company which I am not very comfortable with.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I bought jets from them for my 1985 FJ1100 and they sent me the wrong size that were way to big. The bike flooded and sent them a message and they asked what issues the bike had on idle and running at certain RPM ranges. I then messaged them again saying I can't start my bike because it floods and then waited again for a response. I waited 4 days and nothing and sent another message asking what they figured out and they were like you never told us what problems the bike had while its running. I then told them I just wanted to return them so I sent them back. The refused to pay the shipping back to them but did return my money. The main issue I have is that in there instructions they had me drill the hole bigger in the carb slides with a provided drill bit and I did. On the FJ CV carbs this is a big no and now that I have RPM fixing my carbs for me he is like all 4 slides are pretty much useless now and its almost $80 each for new slides. After talking with EBay and trying to contact the seller who has not responed I am pretty much stuck or forced to file a internet fraud claim through a government company which I am not very comfortable with.
FBI?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How exactly is this my mistake? They sent me jets that were two sizes to large and flooded my bike in the process. They never fixed the problem and caused a greater one by having me modify my carb slides. So where did I make the mistake? Why would you come on here, where I am trying to warn people about a company that does not know what they are doing and come and blame me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How am I supposed to know what jet size my bike needs thats why I am buying a jet kit is because I need jets bigger that factory you guys are unbelievable thats why you pay money to a jet company and send them the info of your bike the mods and the climate you live in.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
How am I supposed to know what jet size my bike needs thats why I am buying a jet kit is because I need jets bigger that factory you guys are unbelievable thats why you pay money to a jet company and send them the info of your bike the mods and the climate you live in.
There are so many variables to carb tuning that it's almost more of an art than a science. If you don't know what you're doing, or if you can't figure out what you're doing, you should let a professional do it. Any jets that someone gives you after you give them some information should be used as a suggestion only. If you do something like drilling your slides without understanding the consequences, it is your fault. The reason this is your fault is that you did the work. If you took your bike to a shop and this happened then you would have a leg to stand on.

We live in an age where "not knowing any better" isn't an excuse. There's such a massive amount of information available on this site alone that you can find the answer to any question you might have long before you actually start modifying parts. There's a "Beginner Streetfighter Questions" section here where you can do just that. We're here to help. Just ask first next time.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
eBay does not require sellers to pay return shipping. You drilled the holes, not them. It doesn't matter that they supplied the bit and instructions. That is the risk you take when modifying your bike. Bottom line is you are modifying your bike and trying to tune your carbs with an online kit is risky if you don't know what you ate doing.

I don't see how the seller did anything wrong. I wouldn't have refunded your money. You came here to bad mouth a seller and if they didn't do anything wrong then we are going to tell you just that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
if you do infact live in buford,ga its like 2000ft above sea level, the bike (stock jets) would run richer at idle compared to the same one at 0ft above sea level. going up in jet size was your first problem unless you've done some major motor work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts