Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

WASTELANDER Aprilia - Not Sure If I QUALIFY???????????

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jtgolden1s 
#1 ·
When I started this bike in July I didn't know about the rules, so I don't have a shot with a newspaper, but here's a link to my build thread.

MY CUSTOM FIGHTERS BUILD THREAD

Some of the early pics were accidentally deleted, but most are there still.

Here's what I started with...

I just finished last night and haven't even had a chance to ride the new version yet, but here it is. Moderators, please fix my post how ever you see fit if I qualify. Thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
Sorry man but I gotta agree with these guys a majority of which is also on the admin team along with myself. If we allow ANY exceptions to the rules than every year more and more people will use that one instance as the precedent and raise hell when we don't let them get super slack about it all. This buildoff is a huge deal to a lot of us, and were all strict about the rules.

That's not to say your bike isn't badass and its a shame it cant be allowed into the buildoff. Sorry dude, but if we allow it we would be cheating so many people that we had to not allow in the buildoff over the years as well as anyone in the future.

#7 ·
Oh and on a side note, please do not set up your threads, builds or posts anyway you want and then tell the mods to fix it for you as we see fit. Were always more than happy to help, but the way you said it just comes with a false sense of entitlement. Were here to keep the machine oiled, fix accidents any help with unforeseen problems. Thank you for your understanding.

#8 ·
Wow! I guess one reasonable response out of five isn't bad. Obviously I was questioning if I qualified or not, it's in the title.

I completely understand not being allowed to compete. Again, that's why I was clearly questioning it. As to coming off entitled, I was actually being the opposite by suggesting that I didn't know what the hell I was doing, not ordering someone to do my work for me.

I sure wish I'd known about the contest before I started. I'm guessing that the only people who compete are building a second bike because I'm sure a lot of people start building and then come to the site for guidance, assistance and inspiration like I did. I absolutely respect the rules, but they may cut out a number of cool builds because people don't know the rules until it's too late.

I did read the rules listed for the Fighter of the Month and I seem to meet all the criteria and made a post there. Please let me know if I am wrong about that one.

#11 ·
fotm is good to go.

as for the build off, lots of people enter with the bike mid-build, or a enter a build from a previous build off, as long as you document the bike's starting condition with a date since all work previous does not count.

there's always next year, if you want to enter another bike/build. it runs nov to may of every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.