Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
boostin
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a little more power but at full boost air is very hot and no way to incorporate an intercooler into this withought complete redesign . So how much power can it gain me and what's the process of tuning, setting psi to come on is easy but how do you know what volume to spray.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've never messed with water injection on turbos. There is however a water injection for two stroke jetski's. It cools down the exhaust charge, in the expansion chamber, making it more dense to improve scavenging. The volume is varied by rpm and is adjustable so it would be perfect. Should be easy to retrofit too. However you will need to feed it with something that resembles a cooling system on a jetski. Can normally find them used for half the price if you look around. MSD made one as well as a few other small companies.

http://www.microtouchinc.com/html/mt-ws-2_chart.html

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
The only real way to tune it is to monitor knock. I used to use water injection on my old GTP back in the day. I used washer fluid. Really helped keep knock retard at bay and actually netted me a few extra pounds of boost due to the sealing effect on the rotors.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts