Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If its on a gun i would be careful with it, paint isnt durable at all on them cause they get banged around so much. Looks absolutely amazing when first done then complete crap after a hunting season or 2. Personally i've been digging into cerakote, its basically a ceramic coating that is extremely durable. Wont chip, crack or fade. You can also use it on automotive parts, pistons, exhausts, turbo internals. Just about everything.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
Cerakote is awesome stuff - extremely durable.

Hydrographics (water transfer printing) is really sweet though. It is clear coated afterwards and you can do pretty much anything with it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I would use it on anything but something that gets beat around like a gun, just my .02c

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's pretty wicked technology but I only know one person in person who's ever had it done and he had his oakleys hydrographed to camo. He said it cost him about $150 I think. It was up there

·
Registered
269 Posts
Probably to keep contaminents out of the painted surface (skin, oils, hairs). Once the part is mostly under... it doesn't matter if your forearm sheds onto the water. Or simply to make cleanup easier... keep the paint/print out of your fingers/nails/etc.

You can do a swirl type design with just a bucket of water and a certain type of paint. Obviously much more limited.... but you could work it into a cool design. I would think camo like pattern would be easy enough with some practice. Just clear coat afterwards and it's just as good as the printed graphics. Not for hunting IMO, but look pretty sweet.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Probably to keep contaminents out of the painted surface (skin, oils, hairs). Once the part is mostly under... it doesn't matter if your forearm sheds onto the water. Or simply to make cleanup easier... keep the paint/print out of your fingers/nails/etc.
Dude, don't ruin a perfectly executed two-part elbow deep joke with valid logic!

I just put that out there as bait and Jerry nailed it. Perfectly! :D lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts