Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I have a wave headlight for my Ace and I am just trying to work out which is hi beam and which is lo. Looking at the headlight, one reflector is bigger than the other. The bigger reflector is on the right and the smaller reflector is on the left.

There are 3 wires, one for each bulb and one black wire which I presume is the earth wire.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Connect 12V across each bulb and see which is brighter.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Do it in a dark garage/outdoors against a wall, you should pretty clearly be able to say which pattern is dipped and which is full. Is there a shroud covering a (lower) part of the other bulb? or is the pattern done solely with the reflector?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bulbs look exactly the same and they both seem to be at the same height.

I can probably find some way of testing them but I was hoping someone on here may have had some experience with these headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I didn't mean to sound flippant. I've found that really is the easy way to determine which wire does what.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think for the moment I am going to assume the wider refelector is lo beam and the narrower reflector is high beam as I presdume this will produce a narrower more focussed beam of light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts