Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to find a small box, bag, tube, etc to mount on the bike. Something just big enough to hold my papers, or if I can fit it, maybe something that I could toss a wallet/ phone in.

I've found plenty of handlebar bags, but not crazy about something like that which I'm sure will flop around in the wind.

Any ideas? Thanks

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's steel.

I have a magnetic tank bag. I'm hoping for something permanently mounted that won't block my gas cap or get buried beneath luggage like my stock tool box does. They put it in a retarded place.

Gonna ride out to Sportsman's Warehouse and look around. I imagine the boat guys have some tricks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I have a tool box for the 600rr if you want it, i can snap some pictures of it later. I used it for my wallet mostly, or reflective belt when I was required to wear that while riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Found some pics online VV

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Not a whole lot more than a wallet. I'm using mine for size

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You're welcome! Maybe something like a small pelican box would work?

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found some Pelican cases local today. Those things are super nice. A case the size I'd need is about $35. Due to it's shape it'd be too big to mount on the bars. Anywhere else and I'd worry it would get busted when I drop the bike. And I do drop the bike.

Actually ended up finding one of these local for 5 bucks. But in black. It just big enough to hold all my papers and I think I can tuck it completely outta sight behind my headlight cowl. It seems to seal good. I put a slip of paper in it and tossed it on the porch while it was raining today. Still dry inside.

http://www.witzsportcases.com/travel-resort-cases/see-it-safe.html

I still want a small thing to toss my phone and wallet in to. Preferably just bog enough to have a charging cord inside for the phone. Contemplating cutting off the crossbar on the bars and building a little glovebox type thing for there. I dunno. Ended up focusing on other projects today.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If you want something small on the handlebars you could just leave the cross bar there and mount below it and use it as anchor points. I like what seb posted too, i was gonna say some pvc next even though its not the best looking

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The little 'sports box ' thingy worked out good. It sat out again last night through another storm and the contents were still dry. Velcro'd it in between the cowl and the gauges. It can't fall out and is practically invisible.

A pic of the bars and the tank. As you can see there's not much room. If you go above the bars you block view of the gauges. If you hang something off the bar it doesn't have much room to hang down before hitting the tank.

Don't wanna hang anything off the sides because it'll just get knocked off. I'm picky, I know.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts