Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so as I've mentioned on here before I'm putting a zx6r tail on my zx6e. A buddy of mine is doing the welding for me, as I have never welded aluminum, but has a pretty tight time schedule so I'm going to get everything ready; chop the old subframe, chop the mounts off the new zx6r subframe (it WAS a bolt on, the e was not), and make sure everything lines up so that he can come in and tig it all together.
My question is this, is there any specific way I should cut the subframes? Is any particular angle stronger to bond the two together? I'll post some pictures in a little but I have two possibilities of where I want to join the subframes. Either I will leave about 6 inches of the old subframe that extends under the tank a little, with a bracket for the seat to slide into. Or I'll chop the entire old subframe and weld the new one directly to the main frame. The only issue there being that there are already welds on the frame from the original subframe. Let me know what you guys think, all feedback welcome!:rock:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts