Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bored at work, and shopping around for deals on cl and the like, and i've seen this enough times that I've started to wonder why people indicate that the bike they are selling was or is female owned. I'm not really sure what angle the Sellers are going for on that. Just wondering what the meaning of that sales pitch is trying to convey, or if anyone has ever used that line in a sale. It's a pretty stereotypical type of statement that could be taken both ways. Trying to get thots on this...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,435 Posts
They are most likely staying the bike was not abused or stunted. Although, one might venture to guess that maintenance might be neglected. My wife has no idea when stuff should be checked, or when oil should be changed. Maybe it's because I do all the work without her worrying, who knows.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
it implies the owner was soft and supple to their bike.

then again ive seen some bad ass females that ride the wheels off their bikes.

just the same as someone saying a bike was never " Raced"

My bike has never been Raced but I Ride The piss out of it.... its all about giving a potential buyer a Warm and Fuzzy to get them to think theres nothing wrong with the bike... as i always say. get the seller to take it to a shop of your choice to get it looked at pre sale. or bring along a mechanic like me to check it over in front of the owner. i pick things apart whenever i go with my friends...and i picked things apart when i bought my current bandit...tho i didnt tear it apart i have found some unsatisfactory things with it after the purchase was made

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Let's go for a stereotype then?

Female owned probably means ridden cautiously, with a makeup bag under the seat. Serviced every interval within a few months or when they could get their husband to take it in, seldom washed except with a hose from a distance, and never given basic maintenance in case of getting dirt under the fingernails.

That all being said with tongue firmly in cheek, I have ridden with more than one female who's faster than me, and don't mind admitting it.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
it means it was dropped in the parking lot, the chain hasnt been oiled since jesus was crucified,has menstration juice on the seat, has a purse hook, and a fresh bedazzled paint job.

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Hmmm I would think that there trying to tell you its been stunt-free, not ragged out and has low miles (from a stereotypical point of view), but with that said there are some girl that show up on track day that tell me they ride their bikes every day and have crashed just as many times as I have so.... who knows what they really mean

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All these responses are pretty much what I'm thinking. Lol. On one hand, the thing had been babied, but on the other, maintenance could be an issue. Prejudiced? Yeah, but the statement leaves alot to interpretation, so why include it? I tend to stay away from those ads, cuz it just sounds like some bullshit cover for a problem...

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
The first thing you do when you buy a Female ridden bike is to Smell the Seat to see the vintage of the owner

mmm this is a good year. Aged perfectly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Honestly, I try to avoid anyone that's overselling on craigslist either bike or car. I'd much rather see some photos reflecting any flaws or things a buyer would be concerned about.

I have always done the same with my sales and have had great transactions.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
female owned means the clutch is going to burn out shortly after buying it and the oil probably hasn't been changed.

also, the valves are probably outta adjustment.

i only buy vehicles from ********.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts