Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something cheap, that works decent, won't fall or bounce too bad, etc. What mounts and lights are you guys running? I just got an 09 ER6N and I cannot stand the stock light...

Something like this would suit me much better. I'm guessing it's a Buell flyscreen, but the lights come from so many different places.

Reactions: ants

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Those round buckets are pretty standard. You can get one on eBay for round 30 bucks.
The light output is improved by putting a decent bulb/light system in there. You prevent
falling and bouncing by screwing the fucker shut. Spring washers help with vibrating elements
like these.

All I had to do was type in "round headlight" or "headlight brackets" on eBay and I got thousands
of answers .. Move a muscle first..

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those round buckets are pretty standard. You can get one on eBay for round 30 bucks.
The light output is improved by putting a decent bulb/light system in there. You prevent
falling and bouncing by screwing the fucker shut. Spring washers help with vibrating elements
like these.

All I had to do was type in "round headlight" or "headlight brackets" on eBay and I got thousands
Hah, I'll ignore your dickiscism for right now. I didn't ask where to get them, I was just asking what members have found that works. Your standard "Use the search function." answer was greatly apprciated.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Hah, I'll ignore your dickiscism for right now. I didn't ask where to get them, I was just asking what members have found that works. Your standard "Use the search function." answer was greatly apprciated.
Considering that you have all of two posts here, I'll assume you're not very familiar with this particular forum. In general, we assume you've made some effort on your own to figure out what the answer to your question is. Since you apparently didn't use the search function to read through any of the 498 posts that come up when you search "headlight" I'll give you my two cents on your question.

Pretty much every 7" headlight bucket works as well as any other using the same lighting tech.

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks. I'd hate to force anyone to give input, I know the internet is serious buisness. I was mainly just wondering if the super expensive lights were worth that much more than the $40 dollar ones. But I'm guessing they're all the same. Thanks Cpt. Keyboard!

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

These were all found by searching "Round headlight".
I read through all of these before I made the thread. Was there somewhere else I should have looked to answer my question?

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts

These were all found by searching "Round headlight".
I read through all of these before I made the thread. Was there somewhere else I should have looked to answer my question?
I'm struggling to understand your antagonistic attitude. Save yourself the hassle next time and just say you used the search function, but couldn't find what you needed.

All halogen buckets will throw about the same light, HID projector retrofits will be better than that, and according to a member here the HD Daymaker LED light might be the most effective option on the market right now. The cost delta within each type of lighting comes from materials, style, and fit and finish.

The most expensive lights use the most expensive tech. There's no reason to spend a ton of money on a 7" halogen bucket when a $30 item from eBay will do the same job just as well, unless you absolutely have to have the particular style of the expensive one.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
First off you should check the shitty attitude when we are just trying to help.

Second I got my 7" off eBay and paid $30ish for it. I'm running a universal mini fly screen that can also be found on eBay for anywhere between $60-120. Just depends on the style and how much you want to spend.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm struggling to understand your antagonistic attitude. Save yourself the hassle next time and just say you used the search function, but couldn't find what you needed.

All halogen buckets will throw about the same light, HID projector retrofits will be better than that, and according to a member here the HD Daymaker LED light might be the most effective option on the market right now. The cost delta within each type of lighting comes from materials, style, and fit and finish.

The most expensive lights use the most expensive tech. There's no reason to spend a ton of money on a 7" halogen bucket when a $30 item from eBay will do the same job just as well, unless you absolutely have to have the particular style of the expensive one.
Thank you! That answers my question for the most part. I'm still not sure whether the money should be spent on expensive 41mm fork mounts or not. I've seen people say that they had issues with them sliding down the fork, bouncing, etc, but I never see whether the more expensive ones fix the issue, like, maybe there is a good brand with affordable prices?

The antagonistic attitude is due to being told twice to search, even though I had already. I didn't realize I needed to preface my every thread with, "I've searched for an answer to my question to no avail." Also, I come from some pretty big forums (not motorcycle related), so I know how I'm going to be regarded with just two posts and no avatar.

:shootme:

Second I got my 7" off eBay and paid $30ish for it. I'm running a universal mini fly screen that can also be found on eBay for anywhere between $60-120. Just depends on the style and how much you want to spend.

Thanks, what mounts are you using for the light?

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts

But that was the standard answer you got in the long run of the thread, is pick one, any single one off ebay and call it a day. I don't see how it was being rude compared to the way these boys chastise complete assholes and total fools. ;)

On to your question, personally I've installed this setup on a friends ER6 before, looked great. ;)

http://www.flyncycle.com/black-round-headlight-hlhcb250.html

http://www.flyncycle.com/stealth-motorcycle-headlight-bracket.html
(Your bike runs 41mm fork tubes, for the sake of easing the search.)

Or you could make your own mounts: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46854

(Holy fuck the prices went way up! :nuts: Ebay would have the same stuff for far cheaper!)

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! That is great help. I may keep looking for a set of mounts that aren't quite so much, or fab up my own. I appreciate all of the help guys, even in between the rudeness and pitchforks and shit. :D

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Thank you! That answers my question for the most part. I'm still not sure whether the money should be spent on expensive 41mm fork mounts or not. I've seen people say that they had issues with them sliding down the fork, bouncing, etc, but I never see whether the more expensive ones fix the issue, like, maybe there is a good brand with affordable prices?

The antagonistic attitude is due to being told twice to search, even though I had already. I didn't realize I needed to preface my every thread with, "I've searched for an answer to my question to no avail." Also, I come from some pretty big forums (not motorcycle related), so I know how I'm going to be regarded with just two posts and no avatar.

Thanks, what mounts are you using for the light?
A lot of people swing through here demanding information, have a shit attitude, and then leave once their question gets answered. It's hard to tell what the goal is sometimes...

I wouldn't waste your money on fork clamps. Seems like guys have nothing but problems with them and they often look cheap. One option is to buy a spare lower triple (or upper with multiple pinch bolts) and cut it up to make brackets like that. That's what I did. I need to clean them up but they function extremely well. Another option is a set of four T-bolt clamps like this:

And fabricate your own brackets to go from the clamps to the light. I'll probably end up going with the T-bolts eventually.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
A cheap set of fork ears that are made for forks all the way up to 41mm. Haven't had any issues with them slipping or bouncing. Might be willing to part with them as I just bought a zx9 usd front end and won't be able to use them any more

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A lot of people swing through here demanding information, have a shit attitude, and then leave once their question gets answered. It's hard to tell what the goal is sometimes...

I wouldn't waste your money on fork clamps. Seems like guys have nothing but problems with them and they often look cheap. One option is to buy a spare lower triple (or upper with multiple pinch bolts) and cut it up to make brackets like that. That's what I did. I need to clean them up but they function extremely well. Another option is a set of four T-bolt clamps like this:

And fabricate your own brackets to go from the clamps to the light. I'll probably end up going with the T-bolts eventually.
I like the T Bolt idea. Thanks. I plan on "setting up shop" here, as the other forms are a little too mild for me.

A cheap set of fork ears that are made for forks all the way up to 41mm. Haven't had any issues with them slipping or bouncing. Might be willing to part with them as I just bought a zx9 usd front end and won't be able to use them any more

Shoot me a price if you get a chance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts