Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I assume you would like to clean the pipes of a Bandit? Bandit pipes are stainless steel so no need to paint them unless you want to change the color.
Use sugar cube! It works! If the pipes are badly scratched you need to sand and polish them. Scotch Brite is great, just get the fine quality. Then some chrome/stainless polish.

J

Sevulturus said:
Might be a good use for cats? Shave the fucking things and rub them over a hot exhaust pipe :D!
:LolLolLolLol:

Discussion starter · #25 ·
JK1 said:
I assume you would like to clean the pipes of a Bandit? Bandit pipes are stainless steel so no need to paint them unless you want to change the color.
Use sugar cube! It works! If the pipes are badly scratched you need to sand and polish them. Scotch Brite is great, just get the fine quality. Then some chrome/stainless polish.

J
Sugar cube? I might be too tempted to eat 'em while working, I have a major sweet tooth :LolLolLolLol: Interesting tip, though, thanks. I'm going to wash them again (soap and water only) after I get the bike painted, I will be riding without a fender while they are painting so I'm sure I'll get some crap on them again. Then I'll pick up some of that polish.

I'm attaching before and after pics. The before pic is after a good sudsing and while waiting for the degreaser to do its magic. The after pic is, of course, after the Scotch Brite, steel wool, and lots of WD40. Lemme know what ya'll think, it looks much better now but some spots were real stubborn.

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

CustomFighterers Rock!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.