Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 514 Posts

·
or just jay
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
THE MOTOR IS A 500 cc KAWASAKI TRIPLE .THE FRONT AND REAR ARE ZX9 AND THE REST IS JAYBUILT .THE FRAME IS 1.250 MOLY THIN WALL AND WITH THE ALUM MOTOR /SWINGARM CONECTOR ATTACHED IT WEIGHTS 22 POUNDS. THE BIKE AS IT SITS IS 310POUNDS . ONE THING THAT WAS IMPORTANT WAS THAT IT HAS A VARY LOW PART COUNT .I BUILT A MOTOR STAND THAT HOLDS THE ENGINE WITH 1 BOLT AND SLIDES UNDER THE BIKE YOU REMOVE THE 2 BOLTS FROM TANK ,THE FUEL LINE ,THE CHAIN, 4 MOTOR BOLTS, THE EXAUST BOLTS ,SLIDE THROTLE AND CLUTCH OFF UNPLUG HARNESS AND PULL BIKE AWAY IT TAKES ABOUT 30 MIN TO SWAP THE ENGINE FROM A 500 TO A750 OR WHATEVER. THE MOTOR STAND ALSO CAN HOLD ALL THE IGN COMPONENTS SO YOU CAN RUN THE ENGINE ON THE STAND . YOU CAN DO A COMPLEET REBUILD ON THE STAND AS WELL.THE BIKE CAN BE COMPLEETLY APART IN 1 HR AND THEIR IS MABY 20 BOLTS TOTAL .I USE A GOKART FUEL PUMP that WORKS OFF IMPULCE FROM CRANK CASE. I HAVE A FUEL SPONGE IN TANK SO IT DOSENT SLOSH .THE THING IS ABOUT AS EASY TO RIDE FAST AS YOU CAN IMAGIN. YOU FEAL TOTALY IN CONTROL .IT JUST DOES WHAT YOU WANT IT TOO .

081.jpg

087.jpg [/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Whomadethatmanagunner?
3,288 Posts
Re: what do u think of my project

that thing is bad ass. I love almost everything about it. too bad the front end is so high up or I would put drag bars on that bitch.

·
Rable Rable Rable
8,319 Posts

very nice, It's good to see somebody with skills do it their own way!

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts

SICK!
But...Where's the gas tank? and doesn't that fake tank you're leaning over get a little hot?

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts

Looks cool to me. Get some better shots too.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts

NICE!!! love it

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts

SICK!
But...Where's the gas tank? and doesn't that fake tank you're leaning over get a little hot?
I think the gas tank is in the belly pan!!

Reactions: jaybuilt

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts

fuckin badass man

Reactions: ROBBO and jaybuilt

·
You wanna touch it.
177 Posts

That bike is sick!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts

I heart two strokes...looks awesome so far!

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts

A very nice looking machine! Routing the exhaust upward is an interesting idea, I've toyed around with that before. It would theoretically let you mount your weight a little lower down since you wouldn't have to clear exhaust pipes. It looks like you had to run those pipes pretty far, did that affect performance at all?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

told you theyd love it Jay! :metal:

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts

now you better keep us updated on your build or there will be hell to pay

1 - 20 of 514 Posts