Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time, all the time, for different kinds of riding?
Also: If you wear a helmet, what's your state's helmet law?

I always wear a helmet, full face.

For riding to corner store and grocery store and hardware and shit, where I top out at 35, I wear my kevlar-reinforced Custom Fighters hoodie and my kevlar jeans. Usually wear a set of fingerless gloves so I don't have to take them off to get my wallet, write checks, etc etc.

For highway rides I wear kevlar jeans and a leather jacket, predominantly my Frank Thomas jacket, and shorty gloves

About 85% of my riding is twisties or the racetrack and for that I wear a 1pc suit and gauntlet gloves.

I'd always wear gauntlets but I somehow ended up with 1,220 pairs of gloves in my closet. And I always wear the same boots, a pair of Red Wings work boots that are good for everything.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Full face helmet
Leather Jacket
Nitro Vega full boots
Jeans

I want some kevlar reinforced jeans and gloves. I dunno about gloves because I feel wierd when riding with them. I dont get as much feeling from the bike as I like

·
Registered
854 Posts
Full face helmet - Ohio's only helmet law requires a helmet for those with learners permit and for the first year of full endorsement you are classifed as a motorcycle novice (MN on the license) and must still wear one.

Leather jacket
Full gauntlet kangaroo leather gloves
Textile overpants with armor
Race style boots

same gear all the time
I do have a mesh jacket with armor if its dangerously hot outside though.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want some kevlar reinforced jeans and gloves. I dunno about gloves because I feel wierd when riding with them. I dont get as much feeling from the bike as I like

If you wanna save time, you can do what I did and make your own kevlar jeans. Get some kevlar patches from an Army surplus place or whatever and sew them into some jeans... I just copied the kevlar pattern off of Draggin' Jeans site. I'd suggest reinforcing the threads on the rest of the jeans too. Icon also sells some pretty cheap now... like $50 a pair. Better than Draggin Jeans which is about $50 just for shipping.

You just need to find the right gloves man. These SYA gloves that Custom Fighters sell give really nice feel from the bars. If you wear gloves for a while you get used to them and start to prefer them :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Its true about getting used to the feeling of gloves. At this point it feels far to weird to grip the bars without gloves on.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Always;

Full face lid
TiMax gloves. got both shorties and full gauntlet.

Usually;

Leather jacket, although both mine are now gone. 1 got crashed, 1 was stolen.
Icon field armour vest in warm weather, covered by MX jersey or hoodie.

I really need to look into a good set of all around riding boots. My feet take a pounding, but I hate not being able to feel my pedels.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i'm gonna get "DOT" tattooed on the back of my neck, and see if the po-po will believe me when i tell em my helmet is built in :D

anywho, it depends on the bike. on a sportbike, or any customer's bikes, i run a suomy fullface helmet, on my chop, just a skull cap (brain bucket) and my spiffy $5 walmart sunglasses.

always wear the good-for-everything mechanix gloves though. i used to hate gloves, now i don't feel right without them.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't understand wearing a certain helmet for a certain kind of bike.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
full faces helmet... HJC that a girl got me for xmas, but soon to buy a shoei or suomy when i get the money. i always wear my leather accelerant jacket, but may get a vest cause its so damn hot down here. if i'm riding the twisties i wear jeans and gloves, but if i'm just casually riding the straights i wear what i'm goin out in for the night and no gloves. i always wear the Chuck T's for riding... for some reason.
there's no helmet law in florida that i know of. i see everyone else not wearing a helmet and just laugh when i see them... then realize i probably saw them that day when i see them on the news at night. its a shame. more people should ride fighters down here, cuz damn the cagers are CRAZY down here!!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to have your endorsement for a year to not wear a helmet in Florida and you have to be over 21 and you have to have insurance on your bike.

If your leather jacket is too hot, get a textile jacket. Better than a fucken vest

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
so only havin my permit, what stupid rules do i have to follow? am i supposed to have insurance on my bike down here? i read somewhere that i didnt have to, but am still not sure about all the laws. i will always wear a helmet while riding no matter what! i think it should be a mandatory law for all states, but then thats just my opinion.
i might pick up a textile jacket, lord knows it looks better than a vest, but my old hoe rocket jacket didnt really breathe too well. any suggestions on some decent looking good textiles?

·
746 Posts
shoei lid I ganked when this girls Ex left it at her house.

Lewis Leathers jacket that was a gift, holy FUCK that thing rules, took a huge fall in it and not a scratch there "scuff proof" leather really works. Some one told me its actualy giraffe hide.

A*s Tech2s, lots of protection with out being impossible to wear off the bike.

Some Timeship racing speedboarding gloves I ripped the palm sliders off of.

and I had some kevlar jeans untill they cut them off me, didnt get any road rash though.

One time while out on a fast ride I put my skate suit on and it sucked. not only does it not really fit for riding a bike, but tones of dicks yelled and one threw a slurpy at me. I guess a guy on a fighter in a one piece covered in skateboard sponsor patches and his name on them freaked out those squares.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so only havin my permit, what stupid rules do i have to follow? am i supposed to have insurance on my bike down here? i read somewhere that i didnt have to, but am still not sure about all the laws. i will always wear a helmet while riding no matter what! i think it should be a mandatory law for all states, but then thats just my opinion.
i might pick up a textile jacket, lord knows it looks better than a vest, but my old hoe rocket jacket didnt really breathe too well. any suggestions on some decent looking good textiles?
Don't have to have insurance on a bike you own but you're a fucking retard if you don't get it.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it's not your fault, and the person runs away, you'll have no coverage.

And there's still insurance fraud, failed investigations, and vandalism to worry about.

It's worth more than you think, my brother, but I can't say I did much better. My gixxer got stolen and I had no insurance at all. I'm still payin for it

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I have a joe rocket jacket I always wear, hjc full face, and Icon gloves.

I usually wear boots, but I just have some steel-toed work boots and need to get some real riding boots. The lace up take 2-3 mins so now i just wear tennis shoes. If i can find some cheap boots I'll pick em up.

Then just jeans. So Leather jacket, gloves, shoes, jeans and helmet all the time.

Nate

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Always a full faced helmet. I used to wear a brain bucket on my Sporty..but after my last crash at the track, where I cracked one of my KBC's( I have/had 4)......I always wear a full face helmet...with DOT/Snell rating. No more novelty helmets for me.

I always wear gloves and a jacket. Depends on weather...which of each. I have about 4 pairs of gloves, and three different jackets...one mesh for the really hot days..first gear, a lightweight leather jacket..with some perforation...first gear, and a heavy weight jacket, with removable liner...Joe Rocket.

For the twisties riding...any day I know i am gonna be tearing it up.....full leathers. I am a teknic guy.

almost always some sort of motorcycle boot. Riding to work days, I'll wear my Docs.( Can't walk around work in a motorcycle boot)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts