Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the easiest plastic to make my under tail fairing. I know most people say ABS, but ABS is really hard to work with. I know there is thinner and more moldable plastics out there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Edit: go make an introduction with more pics, a bit about yourself, where you're from, yadda, yadda......

I recall someone using PVC pipe. Cutting it lengthwise, then heating it to make it flat. cut to desired shape, the heat it again and form it to the mold.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
.125 Kydex

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
your best bet will be to make a plug or buck and then form it to that

·
Will have a bike... soon
5,031 Posts
I recall someone using PVC pipe. Cutting it lengthwise, then heating it to make it flat. cut to desired shape, the heat it again and form it to the mold.
PVC would work. I use it a lot for the crafting stuff I do for cosplay props. However, you do not need to buy it in pipe form - you can get sheet PVC in various thicknesses from places that make outdoor advertisements and signs. Just google "PVC sheet in ________" (insert your city name) and you should find it. All you need to work with PVC is a heat gun and a Stanley knife.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts