Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Every single time it comes up the same rules apply, no fancy fairings, it isn't store bought, and you take great pride in ownership. The Ducati "StreetFighter" was a laugh around here in any sense of the bikes existence. Buells were more 'fighter than the Duc in most peoples opinion.

Built, not bought.

If I had a fuck to give about this topic, beyond what I've already said, I would dig up the 8 zillion threads associated with this exact subject and link them all here to prove a point that it's subjective and nobody cares to hear about it anymore, as UF stated already.

Not trying to be an asshole about it either, just sayin', it's a can of worms you just don't want to open. ;)

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
To me a streetfighter is a sportbikes that was crashed so you haphazardly rip the fairings off, spray paint EVERYTHING flat black, buy and install an acerbis cyclops headlight or a gas mask with god lights in the eyes and cut off the muffler. Oh also pull off the tail fairings and leave the wiring exposed. THAT is a streetfighter.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yeah, not to be a dick but this horse has been beat around so many times it's now dead, then the dead horse flogged into a bloody mess, the remains buried, then dug up again so many times nobody even remembers where it was.

Not that it's "taboo" or anything, it's just so unbelievably tired nobody even begins to give a shit anymore, and that's the REAL meaning of being a fighter- not giving a shit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, not to be a dick but this horse has been beat around so many times it's now dead, then the dead horse flogged into a bloody mess, the remains buried, then dug up again so many times nobody even remembers where it was.

Not that it's "taboo" or anything, it's just so unbelievably tired nobody even begins to give a shit anymore, and that's the REAL meaning of being a fighter- not giving a shit.
I tryed to take it down everyone but all I can do is edit it so its a blank page. if you guys want me to do that I will or we can all just ingor it and let the thread die.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I tryed to take it down everyone but all I can do is edit it so its a blank page. if you guys want me to do that I will or we can all just ingor it and let the thread die.

No worries about going that far. Honestly this is the nicest the guys seem to have been in recent years about this topic. I remember one of the first threads about this had people so upset with each other there were pages of debate about what exactly makes a motorcycle a streetfighter. Even posting a thread about the (at the time upcoming release of) Ducati StreetFighter turned into a shit slinging competition due to the bloody name of the thing. :nuts:

I can't remember who it was in recent years, but they said they don't build 'fighters, but in most peoples opinion they are fighters, and in turn the guy just said, "Call it what you want, I just build motorcycles I like.". Seems everyone has adopted that general idea. :)

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
as I Get Older I find more and More Bikes put in the SF Category.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts