Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

What should I do with front and rear of my gs250

• stock front and rear

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • USD front, stock rear using stock spoke skinny wheels

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • USD front, swap to wider rear and run bigger wheels.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • something different all together....post what your thinking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this gs250 and I am going to start tearing into it tomorrow and im still not sure what I want to do with the front and rear end. Bike is going to be cafe fighter with a single round headlight and cafe tail. Help me with some ideas...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yea turbo sounds about right

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha dammit guys, I am already in the middle of turboing my 954. Thats gunna be my fun lil 200rwhp turbo bike. I want this to just be a lil cafe fighter that will get 50mpg and I can just hop on and tool around town or run errands.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that sounds like 2 votes for stock. Im surprised by that actually.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dammit guys, I am so torn on what to do with this thing. Itd cost me about $100 to get it running and what not, then prolly a couple hundred in paint and seals/gaskets and id have a nice little $350 cafe or so. But thats just not my style. I wonder how this chassis would handle with a cr500 or kx500 lump in it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Do a nice resto-mod on it. Bring it to the 21st century, but keep the cool vintage lines. These older bikes Are great for this.

My opinion, anyways.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah thats what im thinking. Its cost effective as well. I got a good used cylinder and matching set of pistons on ebay tonight for $35 because it was miss spelled and wasnt coming up in searches. So I will have $135 into it so far and I can have it running. I think for around $250 I can make a nice little resto mod cafe out of it sense I already have a tail im building and have plenty of stuff laying around to build my own exhaust. So all I really need is a battery, a front brake rezi, a new twist throttle and maybe some cafe bars which I may build myself also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts