Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i just cut the harness and rewire them to be shorter? or what's normally done to secure them onto the bike? There isn't gonna be any plastics and stuff and the fuse box is just dangling. I guess this a what the hell do i do with these thing in general question now that i know how to waterproof them.

Attachments

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
Pull the harness back, move the slack to where it can be tucked, like under the tank.

Something else you can do is make a small cover to hide throngs like the fuse box.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
What year is that?

Just unplug all that BS, and feed it back under the frame(there's just enough room behind the starter gear cover), then run only what you need back up next to the throttle bodies and air box, separate the wire wrapping and stuff the fuse box under the seat(route it under the cross piece the tank is bolted to) then the rest of the wires will fit nicely next to the air box

I put a couple small spacers under the front tank bolt to give room for the wires to exit right next to the head stock bolt
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1374802006.464200.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its an 02... hmmm. i don't know if my wiring is as friendly as yours. i think i may have to splice in more wire in some places. the fuse box wont go in to my frame unless i remove the thing my start fits into. and im gonna guess oil is going to spill out if i do that..

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
oil wont spill out if you take the starter out. all of your wiring should fit under your tank.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
But if you take the "stator" cover off you'll have oil everywhere...especially if you start it....not that I know from personal experience, that's just what I've heard:D

Reactions: piester
1 - 6 of 6 Posts