Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rable Rable Rable
8,319 Posts
RF is a pretty tough bike for a lady, If she didn't like a TL then I doubt she'll go for this.

I'd offer the guy $2600 and go from there.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
ya, that's still a lot of bike.

Get her an sv650, the first gens are pretty affordable.

·
Grateful Newb
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up buying it. It was actually perfect. It handles almost identical to her old GS500 and sits almost the same as well. It isn't all that much bike, when you compare it to the '99TLR.

Not much to look at, but it turns out it only had 8900 miles. Needs new fluids, cuz it hasn't been run in 3 years. Takes a lot of pressure to get it to shift. Think it is just air in the line? Gonna bleed them tomorrow.

Still got her knocked loose and poppin up by the time I got home. Took a bit to get used to the throttle. I had to give a bit more twist to find the power than I am used to, but it is there. The bonus is that I got a bigger sprocket and another chain. Tires are brand new, and I am gonna try to pick up the set of slicks tomorrow. I didn't ask him if they were on rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.