Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always really liked this kind of squarish cafe kind of cowl tail on certain bikes and I think it would look awesome on my 92 GSXR 750. If I cant acquire a pocket bike tail for super cheap this would be a valid option for me, but who makes it? Whats it off of? Is it a totally custom job?

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Ive been looking on all the cafe racer parts websites and none of them are quite what Im looking for. This one seems to be a bit more squared off with a taller hump in the back than the others. Maybe its just the paint scheme messing with me.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Gotcha....yea, there was a Honda tail piece near the bottom, that had a slightly taller piece. But you may have seen it. A direct link showed it, but not a side-angle...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the offer man but I think if I go the home made route Im gonna try to make one myself and save some money. It's something I've been wanting to learn how to do for a while now anyways. I'm still gonna have to figure out how to build an aluminum subframe for a new tail thats minimalistic but strong enough to work. I really dont wanna ditch the stock aluminum subframe for a heavier steel one. I dunno man I'll keep you in mind. Would it be cheaper than buying one new off the interwebs?

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
you could make one out of a sportster tank

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really? I've never heard of doing that but it sounds pretty cool. Might even be able to get a tank for cheap/free. I guess searching online's the best way to figure out how to do that but can you tell me a few basics?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
cut off the front of the tank and use what is left, its not really all that complicated. I guess because its so simple lots of people dont think of it. They do it alot with cafe bikes so the tail matches the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts