Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everthing for a '83 V65 magna except for the front end, gas tank and seat.

What the bike looks like stock.

There are bobbers and choppers evrywhere up here, so much that I'm sick of looking at them.
I like the cafe racer style but I'm not sure just how it would work out using a cruisers frame.
We also have one of the local cops that made it his own personal goal to take anything modified off the streets, peterbuilt, honda civic, yamaha virago... anything. So a very modified, but legal in every way bike would be like waving a great big :fu: to him with nothing that he could do about it :D
I need ideas.

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Umm....put knobbys on it and uhhh...or hardtail it and then....ummm....look at the last few FOTM build threads and go from there. Get an idea to start forming and then the bike builds itself in your mind. Then all you have to do is make it a reality...
Also think about what you want to do with the bike as in how you plan to ride...that will go a long way too.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Ride the hell out of it.

Reactions: Nailhead

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Im kinda seeing possibility the more i see this (guy at work has similar stock bike). If you cut subframe at the seat hump and go singleseat you would have a nice rear, longer forks wold give the. Bike more of an attitude...but then it looks like the BS harley bobbers. Still cool but overdone.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
You're missing the front end, gastank, and seat... sounds to me like you need to build a reverse trike! Gives you that new front end (with two wheels), a new seat (in a totally new location), and reason to place a new custom gas tank somplace interesting (like where the rider would normally sit). Bonus, its not a bobber, chopper, or cafe racer, and would look nothing like a cruiser (you can loose the whole ugly back end, don't need a rear fender.)

I'm thinking something along the lines of this, only preserving enough of the frame that you can register it under the current title:

You did say "very modified"...

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
I have everthing for a '83 V65 magna except for the front end, gas tank and seat.

What the bike looks like stock.

There are bobbers and choppers evrywhere up here, so much that I'm sick of looking at them.
I like the cafe racer style but I'm not sure just how it would work out using a cruisers frame.
We also have one of the local cops that made it his own personal goal to take anything modified off the streets, peterbuilt, honda civic, yamaha virago... anything. So a very modified, but legal in every way bike would be like waving a great big :fu: to him with nothing that he could do about it :D
I need ideas.
firdt off get tha wankers arse offa tha streets a hefty petition and some complaint letters shoud get tha shite into tha fan!

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
^^^^ I like that.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
dirt track style?
rep cause if u look really close u can see the skully in the back ground. well done good sir, well done

·
Frankenbike builder
443 Posts
I have a V65 Sabre, and a couple Magnas through the years. that flat tracker style is probably the best you can do with the Magna. I like it.

My sabre shown below. Comes with mono-shock instead of duals like Magna.

The forks are long and the rake pretty extreme, I think more than what I am seeing in the 'shopped pic above.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts