Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

3701 - 3720 of 3748 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
New lid. Mine's aged out... this'll be it's 5th year, but I won't be able to find this helmet next year, so may as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 CRDi automatic (sold the orange Terrano today too)

Technically didn't buy it yet but agreed a delivery for the weekend, money for the keys and so on.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I've got a collection of vintage sub 70cc Hondas and now it's time to expand to the sub 600cc vintage i4 Hondas. Heard about some old Hondas that have been in a barn for forever so I tracked them down and last night I bought these two CB550's and the CB500 that's in the bed of the truck. The 550's haven't been moved since 2000 and the 500 hasn't moved since the late 80's. All the engines are free and the 550 tanks are nearly spotless inside. Still trying to find a 350 i4.

IMG_20200506_194148.jpg

·
3,979 Posts
Wow! Damn nice. :party-smiley:
Got it for a song too, nearly half off. If I wait til next year it woulda cost almost the same to replace my Corsa with another Corsa, or double to upgrade.

They're all on closeout right now as FIM recently announced a new helmet standard so none of the helmets manufactured before the production line was certified aren't "approved" but it's the sane exact lid. They made a couple small changes here and there but nothing drastic at all. This was the last one in my size anywhere.
Showed up a little over a week ago but haven't had a chance to test ride it yet. Plan to tomorrow.

·
3,979 Posts
surprised you didnt opt for the RR version
Mostly the same, just newer. I actually like the looks of the R spoiler better.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
Well I didn’t buy anything yet...but I did just sell my Z1000 so we’ll see what’s gonna happen there! :D

Reactions: mcantar and Mattson

·
3,979 Posts
I bought a thigymabobber that lets me run the knee on my bridgeport up n down with my cordless drill, instead of cranking it by hand.
But... you have a mill. Why you no make yourself?

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
handy for going from big to little jobs
Oh yeah. Going from std collet tooling to something tall like the drill chuck or the high speed spindle is a pain. IIRC each crank is .100", so 10" of HS spindle is 100 rotations each direction...

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
But... you have a mill. Why you no make yourself?
Because I'm too busy right now to spend 2-4hrs measuring & drawing and then another half day or more turning lathe ops and setting up my mill to save $10-15 on labor after buying material, when I can buy a finished, made-in-usa part for $29.99.

Gotta pick your battles!

·
10,452 Posts
I bought a thigymabobber that lets me run the knee on my bridgeport up n down with my cordless drill, instead of cranking it by hand.
:ttiwwop:

3701 - 3720 of 3748 Posts