Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 3748 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Because I'm too busy right now to spend 2-4hrs measuring & drawing and then another half day or more turning lathe ops and setting up my mill to save $10-15 on labor after buying material, when I can buy a finished, made-in-usa part for $29.99.

Gotta pick your battles!
I mean I appreciate that mindset, don't get me wrong. But that shouldn't be more than a 20 min manual job all said and done. I made mine with a 3/4" hex on the back, so it works with vice handles and just stick a socket on the drill when needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
-Timco L180HP TIG/stick welder (read:bottom feeder)
-2x 1L disposable Argon bottles
-Valve, rods etc.

Guess my next mission in coming a better bike builder is learning how to TIG (never not once even tried LOL)

Reactions: XxGRYMMxX

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts

Bought these goodies for the RS. I really want to take some trips this year on it and a backpack alone ain’t gonna cut it.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
^ got a couple of those cramp-busters. Didn't like em with streetbikes as the flap clashes with my glove's palm protector, gonna test them out with the quad who knows if they work with that.

-Double layer foam filter for Bashan
-A can of filter oil
-2x mini remote control submarines for itchy&twitchy (4+7) so I have even a remote chance to get said filter fitted and the carb tuned over the weekend.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Bought these goodies for the RS. I really want to take some trips this year on it and a backpack alone ain’t gonna cut it.

Later, Doug
Check out the NEP throttle lock, I prefer it over the paddle types. Once set up right, the thumb cam is super quick and easy to use

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts

Just won these on eBay for 50% of what DimeCity sells them for. I was the lone bidder. Crazy!

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts

Didn`t really BUY this as I didn`t PAY anything for it... The in-laws are moving to our town and into a much smaller apartment so they dumped a helluva lot of stuff out. My catch was the oldest and smallest drone in the fleet plus FIVE batteries and two cameras. Just buzzed the first battery back and forth our home street and it's a hoot, pity I only have one charging cable.

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts

Didn`t really BUY this as I didn`t PAY anything for it... The in-laws are moving to our town and into a much smaller apartment so they dumped a helluva lot of stuff out. My catch was the oldest and smallest drone in the fleet plus FIVE batteries and two cameras. Just buzzed the first battery back and forth our home street and it's a hoot, pity I only have one charging cable.
I had one of that same model. its pretty fast if you remove the landing gear and the blade shrouds. I must have crashed mine about a million times zipping in and out of the trees in my yard before it finally died. been wanting to get one of the better ones for a while but dont really need it so I cant quite justify the cost. yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts

Techincally borrowed for an indefinetly long test ride for now but quite likely will be trading papers later as well.

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
bag o chili cheese fritos. good on a sandwich.

3721 - 3740 of 3748 Posts