Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you're anything like me, you hate gauges. Gauges are an annoyance of wire, cable and other junk that is nearly pointless.

I recently removed all my gauges for a cleaner front on my streetfighter. Wow, it looks 100 times better! The only downfall is I have a hard time telling my speed about 50 or so.

25 & 35mph zones are no problem, I don't need a speedo. I'm always within reason but above that had me worried. So I did some research and found a killer cheap solution.

http://www.rattlebars.com/vtx/sigma.html

For $30 you get a bike speedo that this guy accurately tested.
Speedo
Trip
Odometer
Elapsed time
Max speed
Average Speed
CLOCK!!! YAY!

Damn, I'm going to buy one within a few days here.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
that bike DIDNOT go 128 mph that day. that is false advertisement. :nuts:

·
Registered
24 Posts
just won 2 of the on ebay yesterday for 18 bucks,hope there as good as the link says

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
good shit!

im going to the bike shop today to look at speedos for the 9deuce.

·
Registered
24 Posts
will do, I got a regular one and a wireless one, I think Im going to use the wireless one and put the reg one on my 50

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
*IRONLUNG* said:
will do, I got a regular one and a wireless one, I think Im going to use the wireless one and put the reg one on my 50
nice dood. post up some pics, and let us know how they work. im curious how the wireless one will perform?!

·
313 Posts
I am not sure if it will work on the 50.
I did this years ago but for some reason I think the diameter does not go down low enough for the little rims on the 50.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MsHap said:
I have done that exact thing before. It works great, it gives you really cool information too, like average speed and top speed. :)
is it hard to set up, Im not sure if it comes with instrunctions?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
guess you'll find out soon enough.

·
313 Posts
No it is easy to set up.
You make a mark on your wheel and on the ground and roll the bike forward one complete turn then measure the distance it went in CM and enter it into the thingy :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
MsHap said:
No it is easy to set up.
You make a mark on your wheel and on the ground and roll the bike forward one complete turn then measure the distance it went in CM and enter it into the thingy :)
thanks

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
929_adam said:
nice dood. post up some pics, and let us know how they work. im curious how the wireless one will perform?!
I thought I posted pics of this a long time ago. Maybe it's in a different post.

Anyways, it's easy and took me less then 10 minutes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts