Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Oh and they do not turn off, so you have to replace the batteries like once a year.

I'm going on over 18 months on the same battery, fyi. :D Still love it and I'd never trade the Trek speedo for anything.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
How did you guys mount the magnet?

I actually wrapped it in one layer of 3M double sided foam tape and wedged it into one of the "cush" holes where the disc surface mounts to the rotor. Then trimmed the tape away. Worked great, can't see the tape and it's been there forever now. Never moved a speck.

·
Death or Glory
621 Posts
I actually wrapped it in one layer of 3M double sided foam tape and wedged it into one of the "cush" holes where the disc surface mounts to the rotor. Then trimmed the tape away. Worked great, can't see the tape and it's been there forever now. Never moved a speck.
Turns out the all-purpose adhesive I used worked like a charm. I've probably only put 600 miles on it but it's holding fast.

·
©
175 Posts
Just installed a Sigma BC 1606L a few days ago and works great! Cost me about $15 on ebay.

Odometer, Trip Meter, Speedometer, Backlight, Top Speed (that's kind of fun), Avg Speed, and you can buy a docking station if you have a 2nd bike and pop the computer back and forth between the two.

Tracks my speed acurately and the speedometer goes up to at least 116mph (that's that top speed tracker for ya)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts