Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding. Hello, my name is Luke. I was born on a stump in backwoods Southern Illinois. Kind of new to the street fighter game. Picked up a GSX600F off a kid for 500 bucks. He really screwed me. Not the "Hey baby let's wake up the neighbors" screwed me... I'm talkin' "Bite the pillow bitch, I'm going in dry" screwed me.

I was going to restore it, but quickly realized this kid had no idea what he was doing. They played the whole "oh the battery is dead" gig on me. I mean, it was shot, but the fact that the fuel lines were hooked up to the carb vents, and the vacuum line was plugged with a screw because the wrong petcock was on the tank was the main reason this bike didn't run.

He chopped up the rear of the frame and welded some odd brackets to accommodate a CBR1000RR seat and tail for some fucked up reason. I decided to make it a bobtail. Upon viewing some inspirational builds I came across the term street fighter and fell in love.

Now I'm in the process of bending this bike to my will and creating my own personal masterpiece.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My phone was acting up. I had it on desktop mode. I see the paperclip now.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your title got me in here, but there were no pics to keep me.

Kidding. Welcome aboard!

One of my favorites:

Sick bike. Not a fan of those tails personally cause I'm a bigger guy... 6'5" and 300 lbs. I like a little wiggle room. They do look awesome though.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
at that size no matter what you ride looks like a scooter LOL - spoken from being there.

that bike has a lot of promise. take some work from what you are saying but nice foundation

welcome to the site - you will get some great advice from some phenomenal builders here

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Hey be sure to check out the thread I started in Member Projects. "'92 Katana 600 Bobber". I'm to the point where I'm about to cut the tail and could use some pointers.

·
V four honda whore
12,487 Posts
streetfighter is whatever you manage to salvage into a riding bike after a crash

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
streetfighter is whatever you manage to salvage into a riding bike after a crash
I don't think it's limited to just wrecked bikes that are salvaged. Although mine was wrecked by the PO on more than one occasion by the looks of it, the main decision to turn it into a fighter was based on two things.

1. I can't stand the look of stock prekats decked out in their fairing. To me they look cumbersome and not very sporty... which is pretty accurate. So from the getgo I already had plans of removing the scratched up fairing and going with a bobber.

2. This bikes frame was altered. The PO cut a section of the tail frame out and moved the end closer to the tank/seat bracket. I would have had to buy a whole new frame and a stock tail to make it work. So even if I wanted to go stock it would have cost me more than the bike is worth to undo what he has done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts