Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Whatever they are, they probably are not DOT approved, or very bright. Looks like they might well be some LED flashlights up top, and a zenon flashlight on the bottom. Easy enough to take the light units out of those and drop them in the end of a pipe for a custom mounting. Since you can ditch the batteries, it would be very compact. If that's not what was actually done, its probably some cheap Chinese lights that amount to the same thing, brightness wise.

·
Fastman @teamlof.com
532 Posts
...i've a simple round 7" cruiser light; 100w bulb; and tonight riding home at night in the rain... Lights out !

...so much for an easy night home early... So I take the headlight and gauges off; no wet wire to cause a short; but the 100w bulb has been melting the plastics... Word to self, use 55w tomorrow...

Plug it all back in; turn key; nothing; find a fuse blown; change it with a spare - feeling good I found the problem in less than 1/2 hr. Turn key- then sparks in the fuse box; brake light, and brake light switch... And of course blown fuse again.

Rewired the switch; tested ok; new fuse - 'borrowed' from my wife's truck - and all better now... ...so much for an relaxing night.

I need a new light though, heat and plastic is not a good combination... I'll post what I come up with...

Cheers

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Night Crawler
316 Posts
I've been doing a fair bit of searching for low draw lights for my bike. Can't really find any LED DOT approved stuff in my price range. The only approved LED headlight I know of is the new 7 inch round harley-compatible one. Made by Truck Lite I think. On ebay.

Twin dominator units look pretty cool. I was thinking about maybe getting them and putting one on top of the other for something a bit different. And I could chuck LED's in them after I got a warrant. Twin projectors from those sach madass bikes look pretty buzzy.

Heres some stuff I found that you may or may not like the look of:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm planning on running twin round headlights on my K for next year. I was discouraged by some people at another forum saying that twin projectors are useless, but I will be going for it nevertheless. I'll have halos on both for running lights as well.

·
Fastman @teamlof.com
532 Posts
I'm planning on running twin round headlights on my K for next year. I was discouraged by some people at another forum saying that twin projectors are useless, but I will be going for it nevertheless. I'll have halos on both for running lights as well.
I have twin dominator lights now; works great; so much better visibility than my single. ...and i drive really dark roads.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hahaha I was reading through the forums the other day but didn't get a chance to inquire about your light until today. Must have been thinking of another thread subconsciously when I wrote that. But yes, tell me more about that light lmao

·
Registered
480 Posts
My Monster with a fire headlight:

It used to have a motocross unit, the light output was crap:

My Super Sport now has a cheap round headlight:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts