Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been playing around with the idea of building a bike again. But I was hoping to build a hardtail bobber. I know this CL add is not a HardTail but I like the frame.

So this add was posted Dec 31. I have talked and text with the guy today and he still haves the frame. What do you think I should offer him.

Motorcycle frame. Track, off-road, show use only - $400

Motorcycle frame for sell it has no vin. So as far as I know it can't be registered. I paid 600 before I knew that. So I'll sell for 400obo. It might can be registered I just couldn't find anything out. If not it'd be a great show or track bike or hell a off-road mud bike. Email me or text me about it.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Depends where you live I guess but from what they go for over here even at the $400 price tag its a steal. So whatever you can get it for id say its worth it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Not sure what state you live in but getting it registered can be a bitch. I'd say $100-$150 if you really want it but I'd pass and look for a titled project. I wouldn't buy it

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Guessing by his user name he lives in Atlanta. Based on his profile under is avatar, I am guessing he lives in Georgia. But what do I know.

;)

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guessing by his user name he lives in Atlanta. Based on his profile under is avatar, I am guessing he lives in Georgia. But what do I know.

;)
So there is people who know hoe to read..............

But really. It cant be that hard to get this thing titled.

·
4,400 Posts
Couldn't you just title it as a custom build? Wouldn't be any harder than building your own frame and having it titled. Or find a wrecked bike and hack off the part with the vin and graft it to this frame. I'd offer a hundred to start and would probably go to 275 max

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Find out what forks you want to run, cut steering tube from that bikes frame,
Remove steering tube on the custom frame,
Weld the donor steering tube on.

There is a market for this, look on ebay youll see dozens of steering tubes with titles registered and ready to go.
Worst case here in Iowa, I have to drive the bike 45 miles away for the state troopers to inspect it, they look for stolen parts (run vin of motor and frame) and make sure you have turns, horns, all working lights, and your brakes work. Then they issue you a title.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Now that I regained my common sense in Georgia you can get bonded titles. So if you really want that frame whatever donor bike you choose to throw into in it get a bonded title under whatever engine you put in there.

Atlstreetfighter lives in GA fuck I need to pay more attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts