Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got a smoking deal on a full exhaust for my fzr but i cant tell what it is and it wont be here for a few days but the ad says it came off a 2001 yzf600r heres the pics its all i have

Anybody ever seen it before?

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well after a little research i think its a hindle but not sure
and these are the best pics i can find but if thats what it is i paid less than half what a totally trashed set is going for on ebay right now score!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
good find. looks like you may have guessed it

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I was going to say Hindle/Micron. Those guys and V&H were the only ones making 4-1 headers for the FZR/YZF but the V&H didn't use springs to hold things together.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Getting the spigots for it will be impossible you will need to have them made. I've been looking for some for my Leo headers on my r6 and you can't just buy them you need to buy a whole new system.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
the springs can be taken from another model with similar length springs. the mounts that bolt to the head are easy enough to make with a hole saw. may take a while. but you just need to have the center hole and the bolt holes in the right place. then hooks or holes for the springs.

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
I can't remember who make them, but there are generic replacement exhaust springs available in different lengths. I want to say the manufacturer is "Helix" or something like that.

Any way you can cut off the ends off of a stock exhaust and reuse the flanges instead of making something completely from scratch?

Later, Doug

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Any way you can cut off the ends off of a stock exhaust and reuse the flanges instead of making something completely from scratch?
This.

Also, there are a crap ton of exhaust springs on eBay.

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thanx guys im not too concerned with the flanges, a hole saw should make quick work of those and i will look into the springs

im never really into bling but im starting to think these things would look great all polished up rather than wrapped

1 - 10 of 10 Posts