Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Owen I live in Vancouver Canada and I am currently sporting a sweet 1995 Ninja 600R…slightly modified of course

Modifications:

Engine
1) K&N Air Filter Pods
2) Full Muzzy Performance Exhaust
3) Stage 3 Jet Kit
4) 4 degree ignition advancer

Gearing / handling
1) 44 tooth rear sprocket
2) 15 tooth front sprocket
3) Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines

Project Ronin:ninja: (named after the masterless samurai)

My plan is to now street fighter my bike because well the cosmetics are dated and I can’t afford a nicer bike…so in the original spirit of street fighting a bike I am doing it on a tight, tight, super tight, university student budget.

-The plan-

1) New rear sub-frame Buell Lightning XB9
2) Clip on Handle Bars
3) New Demon universal headlight from Fly-N-Cycle
4) New light weight wheels
5) Blue powder coated engine (yeah I said a blue engine)
6) Shorty End Can
7) New Tach and Speedo

This isn't my bike but same model

Attachments

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Right on, another Canuck! Welcome aboard Owen!

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been poking around the site for a few days and there is a lot of great info on here...so here i am

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
:D even better man! I will give you one word of warning, the Fly-n-Cycles Demon and Rage headlight don't have the greatest rap as far as quality. I don't know what the pricing's like, but it may be worth it to opt for the acerbis equivalents (the ones that these ones ripped off lol)

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I saw your acerbis light on your ZX6E project Darkside (which by the way is what is inspiring me to do this with my bike) thought it was pretty cool. What sucks about them quality wise?? I really like their look especially with the combined turn signal, but at $60.00 US I figured it wouldn’t be great

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
A buddy had one and the lights were poorly mounted, vibrated loose. We had to pack the entire back with dielectric grease to maintain a connection, and after all that, the protective plastic in front of the lights popped out on the highway. Besides, that $65 US without mounting hardware...my Acerbis is about $100 CDN new...

That said...
I attached a screenshot I took of the Motovan catalogue. They are a Canadian supplier who can get you basically the same thing for $70 CDN to what you're looking at. Might be a good short term thing for ya, believe me, I know the budget, I'm a student too. The $70 includes the lights/hardware kit and those are the part numbers you'd need. Just call any shop and ask if they deal with Motovan. If they do provide them with the part number of the light you like and wait 7-10 days:party-smiley: The "long" and "short" simply refer to the height of the little screen above the lamps.

Attachments

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Why? 'Cause we both started with old bikes that no one ever seems to make a proper fighter out of? lol

Or 'cause we're both cheap?!

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did have one question for you Endo...did you weld or bolt your R6 sub-frame onto the ZX6 frame??

but +1 for being cheap and rocking the old school rides

I really want to make this bike look good because so many people told me it would be a waste to put any money into the bike...but since this is my only form of transport (i don't own a car) and it will probably be my ride for at least the next 3 years or until i write it off

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
stay tuned to my buildoff thread....there will be an in depth detailing of my subframe endeavours. It's currently welded on very nicely, just in the wrong fucking position lol

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
geeeez WELCOME TO THE SITE FRAPPS!

dont know how i missed this thread for so long, but figured i'd give you the offical HELLO!

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Yeah welcome, post up some pics, join the buildoff. The only place to be. And there's quite a few of us from up north here too.

:cfrocks: :cfrocks:

G.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts