Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm Matt, I finally found the camera - computer cord so here's my bike
It's a 2002 R-6 that someone used to beat the fuck out of. Im going to change out the headlight and the speed-omiter (?) Now i know absolutely shit about bikes, so the red light (by the tacomiter) is on at all times, I thought it was low oil, so i changed that and added like 2.75 qts which is what some web-site said, and filled up the coolant, but the light won't turn off, and also the bike is spitting flames out of the exhaust whenever i lay on it, which i didn't know if that's a major issue, but if any of you could help my dumb-ass out i would appreciate it. Thanks :rock:

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
sweet bike broseph what kinda filter did u put in OEM or Fram/ not factory? sometimes the valve cant pressurize and it keeps the light on

glad ur ditchn the headlight

·
Fah-Q
138 Posts
nice scoot man. where ya located?

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome.

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Welcome mate. Sorry, can't help with your light problem, I don't know anything about the R6's....
She's lookin good though!

·
Gone Ridding!
686 Posts
Is it Fuel Injected? If it is it could be a FI light . If the Exhaust is Modified and theres no Power Comander
to change the Fuel Intake All the sensors are reading all over and the FI will go full rich for the mixture. Might be why theres a flame at WOT .. Just my .02. I'd get a Shop Manual, Or do some internet research. Oh by the way
Welcome ! Nice Bike :D

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help,I heard that yamaha didn't start fuel injecting the r-6 until 2003, so mine has a carb, I didn't check out the air filter so That's something i'll look at this weekend and about the red light, this is exactly what i'm talking about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts