Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When checking to see if wheels are straight what is the point of no return? Is it more then 0.010" and it should be fixed? At what point is it no good? I would think this would be in a shop manual but I didnt see it in one of them I looked in.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Suzuki Bandit 1200 shop manual.Service limit(axial and radial)2.00mm or 0.08 in.Presume this would be a standard figure for wheel run out.Sorry cant check other manuals as I have no others.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i would imagine 2mm is far too large of a range. ive always been a believer in the "if i can see its bent i probably shouldnt use it" school of thought

Reactions: Racing Geek

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That 0.080" from the Bandit is a HUGE range. I believe you but I cant believe the factory thinks that much runout is still acceptable. Im used to dealing with tolerances of 0.001" to 0.005" at work so I guess thats why I was thinking 0.010" was still a lot.

Reason I wanted to know is so I can sort through the ~30 wheels I have and figure out which are worth selling and which are scrap. Rep on the way for all of you. Thanks.
:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts