Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
here in my area, a wheelie is automatically reckless, no questions asked, because of "the lack of vehicular control without the front wheel on the ground"

there's been many a time friends of mine have gotten popped for reckless endangerment for doing wheelies. straight to jail, bike gets towed, all that stuff. it's rediculous. the cops around here REALLY have it out for sportbikes.

then again, we do have alot of :squid:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
My opinion:

If the only person that's endangered is the stunter, no it's not wreckless.

If there's a chance someone else can get hurt, yes it is wreckless.

We all seen stunts go wrong either in person or videos where bystanders get hurt or the girl on the back falls off.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
yes stunting is dangerouse,and im not gunna shit here saying dont do it on the streets,cause as much as i love to say it that would make me a hipocrite,cause i do try and leave the new stunts to private roads were i can refine them.ive personally busted wheelies and endos down the freeways here and ive done it at speeds greater then the speed limit..but even though i ve done i them in traffic i know when to and when not to,if it feels bad i keep both wheels on the ground,and i allways wear my gear

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
i am fighting one of these in court right now i got caught doing a wheelie and the cop gave me a careless driving same thing as wreckless. altho it was 8 in the morn and all that was on the road was me . my lawyer said its bunk so.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
yes. by law doing a wheelie is Driving to Endanger. not good. i got some of those when i was younger...but in a car, not doing wheelies. doh.

i know that (some) people can control their wheelies so its not as wreckless as they think....but that dont matter cuz we dont make the laws. haha.

dont get caught.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
haha. i never even read that before. it says 'BREAKING NEWS' . . .

things are pretty slow at the Chatanooga news i see!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts