Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the bike up for sale for a few weeks now, I was really wanting to get into a sumo or a nice dual-sport. Friday, I managed to high-side it and bounce myself down the road a few times. I think I cracked a rib and I sprained my ankle pretty fairly, but overall, neither of us faired too horribly... I guess I get to go a little farther with my mods now... Probably going to go really original with the paint and go flat black. The right rear set needs to be replaced, I got the bars straightened out, but I'll probably get new ones anyway.

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you're semi-ok, do you have a door hinge on your bike?
LOL Glad you caught that. I still need the bike to get to work, and although not having a rear brake is unsafe, I had to do something until I get a new rearset in. That's some type of L shaped thing I had laying around, just to put my foot on.

Crystal_Skull, I considered it a while back, but I got my little KLR back and it'll do for now. I was just going to sell them both and get a nice DRZ400SM and put some dual sport tires on it, but who knows now....

·
The Big Homie
1,283 Posts
High sided? Damn. Glad you're not busted up at least. I read the door hinge comment and had to look for it.... No rear brake? Damn, homie... Good luck with this one.

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know, it's a horrible idea. Hopefully it's only for a day. I had a tail light on my KLR but I busted it off this weekend offroading, so I'll rig one up tomorrow and ride it until I get my rearset on.

·
ER6Ninja Warrior
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. It's definitely easy to get down on yourself over bike damage. I think as soon as I get the rear set replacement, I'll be happier because then I can start doing more to "customize" it to myself. I have been putting it off since I was trying to sell it and get something more powerful, but after this, I figure I'll be taking it easy for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts