Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I can see it might get slow after a while, but since it's been three years we should try again plus it's spring so everybody should be out riding anyway.
I'll try and start one in the next couple days. I don't get to ride a lot right now but I should be able to do something every couple days.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
The Picture Challenge thread in the Pics section last had a reply this January.

That thread also died a very slow and painful death.

Problem is people here are usually to busy riding when they ride to remember (or care) to stop and take pictures of shit lol.

Don't start a new thread. If anything you can try and bring that one back as it's the most recent but starting a new thread that will eventually die again just seems kinda meh...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do realize "scavenger hunt" is a dedicated sub-forum right? Just because you aren't interested doesn't mean other people aren't. The last post in the picture thread was "Wish we could get this going" and the post before that "we need to get this game going again!!!!!!!!!" It may die but it may not so I still think I'm going to start a new thread in the scavenger hunt section.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
He's talking about these threads: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243

Man, if you want to set one up and get people to have a crack, i say go for it. I might be in.

The picture challenge thread was sorta cool, i did a few. But man it was hard work trying to get people to do a challenge that took even a bit of effort. People are so lame, "Oh i would do that but i don't have a working bike" is pretty common around here of course, but "I don't have a chicken" "I don't know any clowns" "I'm not going to set myself on fire just to amuse a bunch of weirdos with half built mototcycles" ..... laaaaame. :D I unsubbed that thread ages ago it was so boring. I think i've unsubbed like 3-4 threads ever.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Well shit I stand corrected. I had no idea that "scavenger hunt" was a completely separate thing.

I guess there's a reason for that since it died three years ago lol.

Go for it dude, fuck it right? :rock:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it's been snowing / raining here so I didn't get out this weekend. However I'm thinking you guys have a point about the scavenger hunt thing just not working with this crowd; shinyribs revived the picture thread with a challenge to get a pic of your bike out riding somewhere and what do you suppose the very next tag was... a pic of your bike with it's engine next to it.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Well bugger, was just trying to find if there was a picture challenge thread here. Doing this in several forums but usually run into challenges that re too USA spesific so can't do... I'm even trying to run one at a volvo racing forum but the problem is the same there, if you can't do it in your own yard they don't bother at all. Or at least don't bother even getting out from their cars and basically just have a side mirror in the pic or something.

Goddammit, I say ANY excuse to go for a ride is equally good, one would think on a forum that has ONLY built bikes people would be more keen to show them! The current challenge seems to be to fly sparks in the shed while chopping your subframe, first off aluminum don't spark, second no thanks I rather ride! If anyone else is up for it we could try to give it a shot of start spray and see if it putts to life, I for one am gonna be there to jump on the starter but they have to be RIDING challenges not "your bike in bits gathering dust". And no arbys, walmarts etc non-achievable outside US thank you!

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
If you read my whole post you might have noticed I already found that one.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the standing challenge, set by sebwiers in the first link, is to fly sparks while chopping your subframe. Which IMO is a dumb challenge for a picture RIDE challenge thread to begin with...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts