Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where I'm going to put mine at the moment. Under the seat probably doesn't have enough air flow, but I don't want it hanging off the bike out in the open.
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where everyone could show the position they chose for there R/R.
I know it would help me out :)
Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've seen a few under the tail.... seems like plenty of moving air, but possibly hot/warm and not exactly a "clean" airflow either, very turbulent.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
I located mine under my fuel tank mount behind the shock. It's been here since the beginning. I've had it at a few different angles. Heat sink running the same direction as the bike and then running sideways. And so far running at this angle has kept it the coolest. But it's also a good rr unit. From the factory it is mounted on the back side of the radiator which is a lot hotter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
Mines going to go in the tank tunnel, bolted to a big flat area of the headset gusset. Pretty much straight fresh air to that spot, and plenty of room due to tank swap. Pretty much the whole electrical system will be tucked under the tank.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Mine on the duc is is hanging off the bike out in the open, but that's because I don't trust 14 year old Italian electronics. Then again it is black to match the frame and used to visually hide the wiring loom behind.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your responses everyone.
I know in my first post I said I did not want it hanging out in the open, but looks like that's where it is going to be. I have vary little space to work with and I actually think it looks pretty good where I am putting it. I'll post up some pics soon

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
looks pretty good there mate and def fast ta get at ;)

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I'm not positive but I think it might not be good for your R/R to have it exposed like that. I think some bikes have it that way like HDs but I would just worry about having any electrical component exposed to the elements like that. I guess if other people run theirs like that with no problems...fuck it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts