Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE PICS BELOW SHOW THE STOCK SUBFRAME W/ STOCK BATTERY TRAY I WANT TO MOVE IT SOMEWHERE SO ITS NOT STICKING OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB. THE BATERY CANNOT BE TILTED RIGHT? CAN I JUST LOSE THE COOLAND OVERFLOW AND FAB IT UP IN BETWEEN THE FRAME AND SHOCK?? THERES A PHOTOSHOP VERSION THAT SHOW THE NEW SUBFRAME AND TAIL ALSO... WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
You can move your coolant resevoir somewhere else. You can use an incredibly small container... 5 oz or so.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
New sub looks good, but theres not a lot of room to put a batt in these things. I'd say just make the box as small as possible, run a smaller battery, and keep it under the seat somehow.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
you could make it look cool. make a metal box for it or something. its probably gonna stay there so just make it look cool.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
put a kickstart on it :metal:

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
INVINCIBLE73 said:
you could make it look cool. make a metal box for it or something. its probably gonna stay there so just make it look cool.
:Stupid: Someone on here is using a machinegun ammo can for their battery box (sorry whoever it was, I don't remember!), that's an awesome idea and it'd look cool. Could probably get creative and make it a plate/signal mount as well, it'd be visible with the lifted tail.

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
sevenpointsixtwo said:
New sub looks good, but theres not a lot of room to put a batt in these things. I'd say just make the box as small as possible, run a smaller battery, and keep it under the seat somehow.
I would fab up a box and mount in between the middle bar that goes down the sub, or tuck it in as close to the frame as you can.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
If you have a maintenance free/sealed battery you can lay it down. A stock R6 one is laying on it's side, and damn near every sportbike nowadays has the battery tilted in some way. It's internally vented, so you should be good to go.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
and you can get a sealed one for around 60 bones

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I have a sealed battery from bikemaster that cost me like $45-50. although im not laying mine down anymore, it stands up in the tail :)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
meh, put it in under the tank and ditch the airbox for pod filters.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
I fit mine under the tank. I got a perfectly sized tupperware container to protect it and hold it in place. It can't be seen, and fits perfectly.

Remember, you can always re-route wiring and hoses if they're in the way.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm i like the idea of pod filters and putting under the tank, and the ammo box sounds dope that would go really well with my post apocolyptic look. Do you have to have Stage-7 Jet kit for pod filters?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts