Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having trouble sourcing solid bar both round and square. Where do you bitches buy your shit?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Speedymetals.com because they have a local warehouse so I don't have to pay shipping or I can get free "scrap" from work. I recently got a free 22"x80"x4.5" piece of aluminum to make myself a new frame jig.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Do you mean like scrap metal people who buy metal of people and sell it to big smelting companies and shit?
Yup. I've already traded design work for materials and my dad and I trade car parts for materials to our local scrap guy. We usually only get tubing from him though.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Local welding/fabrication shop that my work uses lets me buy metal stock from them for I believe AT COST.
Keep in mind this isn't some little business welding/fab shop.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
We've got a big place called Discount Steel that stocks a huge variety (though not any 4130 or other specialty alloys). Has a website, and a newly opened browsing are. Also a place called Ambles that is more of a surplus place; lower prices, and cheaper cuts, but finding stuff is a pain. Great place to browse though- can be inspirational, like they have a whole tub full of surplus pistons from pit bikes....

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i was buying metal from fastenal for awhile, i kept buying out what they had on hand so they just gave me the number for the machine shop they bought stock from.... worked out well :) I built a very large metal table for about 150 and had material left over for other projects

1 - 13 of 13 Posts