Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having trouble sourcing solid bar both round and square. Where do you bitches buy your shit?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Speedymetals.com because they have a local warehouse so I don't have to pay shipping or I can get free "scrap" from work. I recently got a free 22"x80"x4.5" piece of aluminum to make myself a new frame jig.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Local welding/fabrication shop that my work uses lets me buy metal stock from them for I believe AT COST.
Keep in mind this isn't some little business welding/fab shop.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,526 Posts
We've got a big place called Discount Steel that stocks a huge variety (though not any 4130 or other specialty alloys). Has a website, and a newly opened browsing are. Also a place called Ambles that is more of a surplus place; lower prices, and cheaper cuts, but finding stuff is a pain. Great place to browse though- can be inspirational, like they have a whole tub full of surplus pistons from pit bikes....

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i was buying metal from fastenal for awhile, i kept buying out what they had on hand so they just gave me the number for the machine shop they bought stock from.... worked out well :) I built a very large metal table for about 150 and had material left over for other projects

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.