Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to buy fighter style parts? Updated (Pics)

Hey guys, I am new to the fighter scene, but not to bikes. I cuurently own an 03 F4i that is currently under going surgery into fighter-ism. The bike is great, but I like the idea and basis of the street fighter scene and want to transform. The mechanical background is not a problem (5 levels of cert. from Yamaha Marine), also worked on quads for many years, and have built two race cars.

My biggest problem is finding parts for this conversion, that are in the USA! Most of the places I find are in Europe (from mags). I will be doing the basics to start- remove front upper fairing, replace with aftermarket headlight and mini fairing(windscreen), replace top triple clamp with fat bar risers unit (any & all components needed for swap). I will also be modifying a set of side fairings into a 'belly pan' with a spare set from Ebya. The bike will also be repainted, and I will be polishing the lips on the stock rims.

Any links and/or advice is greatly appreciated!
PS- Search function shows little too no info for F4i's on the site?

Cory

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
first off, welcome to the site cory. thanks for signing up!

there are 2 (now 3) members with f4i's. both of whom just joined up recently so there isnt a ton of specific info on f4easys. However the both of them are entered in the fighter buildoff (i think) mbe you should be too! Im sure there will be some good info about building the f4i's coming from those projects.

glad you used the search button, but i think that the stuff your looking to know (headlight, tripple and bars) is definately covered in the 'streetfighter building & modification' section, and/or the 'help & advice' sections.

as far as the belly pan question...mbe 'aesthetics-->plastic welding' would be the place to look. thats kind of a custom job but i'll be doing that for my build come this winter.

hope that helps point you in the right direction...if you have more questions, dont hesitate to ask. we have a great group of peeps on here that all love to help.

:cfrocks:

oh yeah and

:ttiwwop:

wheres the pics of your bike?

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got an f4i :) tons of mod u can do
headlights shouldnt be a prob unless ur looking for lights that are only avaiable in other countries XD (like me trying to get the gsr600 headlight few months ago..)
theres a hornet belly pan on ebay by... artifiber? i forgot his name , but that belly pan is a direct bolt on, only modification is u need a hornet lower radiator hose. but im sure cutting up side fairing works just fine

mm some mods im doing atm:
954 tail light conversion
01-03 tail conversion
and the gsxr1000 6 pot brake on f4i (direct bolt on! need longer brake lines)
i also heard that rc51 has exact same brake calipers as f4i, but its gold :D so its also a direct bolt on

hope these helps

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
there are four f4is dont forget about me i was the second on the site with one

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
my memory fails me sometimes...not sure why. . . must be old age setting in.

:D

:hippie7:

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spidersaurus said:
i got an f4i :) and the gsxr1000 6 pot brake on f4i (direct bolt on! need longer brake lines)
i also heard that rc51 has exact same brake calipers as f4i, but its gold :D so its also a direct bolt on

hope these helps
Those sound like a nice upgrade!

As far as a head light goes, I like one that I saw, I think it was a brand name Hesa? Sound familiar, not at home so I dont have the link.

And with my lower fairings, I kinda got an idea of how to cut them to look decent. Should look nice with the powder coated clutch and stator covers :D .

Thanks for the help guys! Ill post pics later tonight when Im home.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
albertaf4i said:
there are four f4is dont forget about me i was the second on the site with one

4? really?? i dont believe it..

POST UP PICS AND PROVE IT!

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some semi current pics. No undertail in this pic, but it does have the full D&D exhaust. And obviously before my recent journey into fighter-ism.

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
although your avatar is kind of funny... i think i hate it. yep, i do.

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
what!!! its the most clever avatar ever created by man even god wishes he were this clever

but i can change it if you want?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
oh i dont care if you change it or not...fuck im not gonna make anyone do anything..(except maybe make myself go to bed)

maybe its just disturbing. i might not be able to eat hot dogs anymore. hahaha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts