Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do some general maintenance on the 01 GSXR 1000 and wanted some opinions. I have always had good luck with the factory plugs, but want to try something different. Which are the best plugs out there for a decent price?? Also, is there an upgraded set of wires to match up with the plugs? I figure while I'm in there, I might as well change those to!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
i use NGK.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
ngk, and only ngk

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
NGK, period. End of story.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Don't bother with multi-electrode plugs either. Basic platinum NGKs are what I use in everything.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yeah, multi-electrode plugs are a crock of shit, marketing is wonderful huh. Denso aren't a bad plug, but NGK is better lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
NGK one stage hotter than stock. Multi spark plugs won't do you any good unless you have a built motor and an ignition system to go with it.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
A lot of people think they get extra performance out of different plugs because their bike feels faster... when really it's usually because the old plugs were fucked.

All the real dyno graphs I've seen (which involve scientific conditions - something lost on most dyno operators) have shown that there's really no different in the spark plugs you use on a naturally aspirated street engine.

Unless you're doing a fully built engine, or a turbo, you're not really going to ever notice a difference between heat ranges or brands or materials. I just recommend platinum plugs because they last long enough to justify the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts