Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just joined.
I had bikes up until about 5 years ago gsxr, fzs and that now looking to get back into to but want to build a custom, just after peoples opinions on what to buy as a base bike for around the £500 mark even on the non runner side as ill do a full engine rebuild anyway,
I want something that can make look and sound a beast that can be done at home by myself.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
£500 = $577. Not much to work with.

Only you can really answer what you are looking for. Do you like V-twins or inlines? If inlines; 2-3-4-6 cylinders? V-4 maybe? Air cooled, oil-cooled, water cooled? Carbed or fuel injected? Etc…etc…etc.

If you have ZERO care then just pick up the first bike that comes along and go from there.

Later, Doug

Reactions: CK 187

·
Registered
202 Posts
For that money, as above you're not going to get much to be real, nothing big anyway.
You may get something like ratty Fazer 600, bandit 600, sv650, zzr600 ?
Your definitely not going to get a gsxr etc for that money, sorry

These days a good gsxr1100 or b12 engine will cost you APX £400 for the bare engine

But keep your eyes open, you never know what may come up. Good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£500 = $577. Not much to work with.

Only you can really answer what you are looking for. Do you like V-twins or inlines? If inlines; 2-3-4-6 cylinders? V-4 maybe? Air cooled, oil-cooled, water cooled? Carbed or fuel injected? Etc…etc…etc.

If you have ZERO care then just pick up the first bike that comes along and go from there.

Later, Doug
Thank you not really sure what im after just mainly ideas really

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For that money, as above you're not going to get much to be real, nothing big anyway.
You may get something like ratty Fazer 600, bandit 600, sv650, zzr600 ?
Your definitely not going to get a gsxr etc for that money, sorry

These days a good gsxr1100 or b12 engine will cost you APX £400 for the bare engine

But keep your eyes open, you never know what may come up. Good luck on your quest.
What ever happened to cheap bikes 🤣 only paid £230 for my nc30
Thank you

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes I know what you mean, these days unless you are building something your going to keep for a long time, it's not worth building something these days for the fun of it or just to ride for the summer as you loose to much money.
It's sad but true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all just joined.
I had bikes up until about 5 years ago gsxr, fzs and that now looking to get back into to but want to build a custom, just after peoples opinions on what to buy as a base bike for around the £500 mark even on the non runner side as ill do a full engine rebuild anyway,
I want something that can make look and sound a beast that can be done at home by myself.
Thank you
Late 70’s Honda CX500 can turn out to be a very cool custom bike. 80 degree v-twin has a great sound and you can still find some examples at that price point you are trying to stay in. Google pics of customized Honda CX500 see what you think.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think you're going to struggle to get anything usable at that kind if price - regardless of what you're looking for - chances are its going to be a complete basket case that costs 5 or 6x what you pay for it to get it back on the road. Probably cheaper overall to buy something unfashionable thats got an MOT with tatty cosmetics honda deville? suzuki gs500? Rf600? Etc etc . And I think you're more likely to find something on Facebook market place than ebay where prices are always higher due to the charges. Happy hunting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts