• VFR800

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tw200 or vfr800.
tw, i think would make a sick fighter. it comes with a knobby 180 tire, but i would put a street tire and probably some cool tail section and change the front end.
the vfr i think i would change the forks, put a new gsxr1000 tail and maybe a ducati upper and some kind of belly pan. what do you all think?

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know vfr is faster. but i also have a gsxr600 fighter. tw would be cheaper and quicker to fighter as there's not nearly as much rerouting and wiring. my only worry is, how long will the tw200 engine last? miles wisE? and how fast do these things top out at? i have some wicked ideas for it. but i also have some wicked ideas for the vfr.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats not bad. i'd probably use it as something to ride while workin on the 600. how long do their engines last?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
If you're concerned with reliability, get the VFR

send the TW200 this way, I need a winter bike

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol. i'm not worried about reliability. i'm just trying to decide which one would be more practical. basically i'd have to get a vfr with high mileage, seeing as how i only have about 2500-3000 to spend... or so. but i could get a tw practically new for that.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
U mean like dees???

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
lots o tw 200s

Attachments

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the inspiration adam! except i wanna put a street looking tail on it. probably a custom fiberglass piece that will look pretty sick. and then maybe some kind of small race upper. maybe one off like a nsf100?? just an idea. maybe a belly pan with an underseat exhaust. i want to do something really different to it. i dunno... i'm just kinda throwin out ideas here.

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
honestly i would think long and hard about a tw200. i think they would be great for slow trail riding. definetly not for anything street oriented. your prolly looking at i am guessing the 10-15 hp if that. (a savage 650 makes 18) not near what you would need for fun. but really anything with a motor is fun. if your riding includes any highway forget it. then you have very odd handling thanks to those neat tires.

i am not dissing the TW. i would love to have one for toying around the fireroads and trails up at our cabin but not for the street (marginally enough to keep you in traffic). and to fighter one just to say you did doesn't seem like a strong enough excuse. i say go with the VFR and don't fighter it. ride it and ride it forever. stay focused and keep fightering the GSXR. that canvas has plenty of room left for some modifications. keep them gears turning. and good luck.

remember this is only my opinion. and i do now about my opinions.....:nuts:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i know vfr is faster. but i also have a gsxr600 fighter. tw would be cheaper and quicker to fighter as there's not nearly as much rerouting and wiring. my only worry is, how long will the tw200 engine last? miles wisE? and how fast do these things top out at? i have some wicked ideas for it. but i also have some wicked ideas for the vfr.

i had a tw200 in jr high school, never did any street riding on it, but i launched the damn thing waaaay higher than it was ever intended to go, lol. i can attest to the durability of that bike. if i couldn't blow the thing up (and i tried), i'd have to assume they're hold toether well for street hooliganism.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
honestly i would think long and hard about a tw200. i think they would be great for slow trail riding. definetly not for anything street oriented. your prolly looking at i am guessing the 10-15 hp if that. (a savage 650 makes 18) not near what you would need for fun. but really anything with a motor is fun. if your riding includes any highway forget it. then you have very odd handling thanks to those neat tires.

i am not dissing the TW. i would love to have one for toying around the fireroads and trails up at our cabin but not for the street (marginally enough to keep you in traffic). and to fighter one just to say you did doesn't seem like a strong enough excuse. i say go with the VFR and don't fighter it. ride it and ride it forever. stay focused and keep fightering the GSXR. that canvas has plenty of room left for some modifications. keep them gears turning. and good luck.

remember this is only my opinion. and i do now about my opinions.....:nuts:

the man has a point. my XS only makes abot 30hp, maybe more on a good day, and i haaaaate riding on the interstate, it takes all i have to keep up with the soccer moms.

but, for general, around town riding, i bet a well built tw would be a blast.

and uh, as much as i love vfr's, i've yet to see more than a couple decent one's fighter'ed. they just don't lend themselves well to it. way too much crap to hide once you strip it down. i'd love to have a nice stock one for a daily driver though.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
I love the shit on the VFR
the side mount radiators look cool to me, especially with custom made clean looking mounts and stainless braided hoses (black!)

I've seen some SICK VFRs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts