Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm having trouble making my mind up.
I have 2 sets of forks I can use for my Srad Gsxr600/750-97
I have a 2000-2003 gsxr750 showa forks in goods shape and I also have a 2000 Cbr929 forks.
Both of these forks are Showas unless I'm misstaken,the overall length of the forklegs are the same.
The Cbr forks look better imo the cap on the fork is black and the lower leg is black as well.
On the Gsxr the cap is blue and the rest of the fork is silver.
I will be using my triple clamps from the Gsxr forks with the Nissin calipers (gold)from the honda on the forklegs I pick I'm also going to use the Cbr929 rim since it's black and the discs are 330mm and fit the calipers.

I had made up my mind before until I read some more about the forks.
According to several members on the Cbr forum the forks are undersprung and way to soft the spring rate is 0.71kg/mm.
If I go with the cbr legs I get to spend more$$$ on aftermarket fork springs since I can't have a frontend way to soft on my bike.
The $ for the springs would be nice to have foer something else ie a steering dampener.
Thoughts ?????
mike

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i never had any complaints with my 954 forks for street use, and they're the same as the 929's. took a bit of fiddling with the compression/rebound adjustments to find the sweet spot, but once i did, they worked great.

if you're going to take the bike to the track, both sets of forks are going to need work, so i guess it wouldn't matter which one's you used.

i didn't know a 929/954 wheel would fit in gsxr forks either. that's good to know.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
i like my showa forks. i have the same bike as you... a 97 600. why are u going to change ur forks? i mean, other than the fact that theyre not the prettiest things in the world, they work pretty well. unless ur gonna put USD forks on, why change?.... and i think i might buy a set of honda rims now lol

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
in all honesty, the later model gsxr600 forks are some of the best damn handling forks out there from the factory.

they do kind of look tiny when you look at inverted front ends all day though. but damn they work great when you set them up right.

·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thats just it the forks I'm trying to decide on are both usd
and showas:)Honestly I can't say anything negative about the forks on my srad they are from a 99.
I also have a set of 6 piston calipers that are a bolt on for these forks(silver)tokico's.
Another reason i want to use the honda rim is that it looks simular to the 05 gsxr rear rim I have on the bike.
And those 330mm discs look the biz:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts