Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which late model sport bike for future fighter? UPDATE NEED HELP LAST POST!

Guys,

Having recently sold my daily driver / track toy. I am currently without transport and will be purchasing a f150/chevy1500 in the next few days. Since I cant be bothered to only drive a boring ass truck all the time, I plan on getting another sport bike.

Anyway, I have been maybe 6-10 months without a bike, and am now looking again. I had a K3 GSXR 750 last, before it got stolen and I really liked the bike.

So I would like some opinions from actual owners.

Requirements:
-750cc or more
-fuel injection
-prefer able to take a passenger
-easily available parts

Shopping list:
-GSXR 750/1000
-CBR 929/954/1000RR
-R1/fz1(?)
-RC51
-Ducati Monster ???
Anything else?

Price limit is $5000, prefer something with under 15K miles. Thoughts, ideas, concerns?

anyway pics of the car:

·
210 Posts
03 GSXR 1000

Plenty of them out there with scraped fairings and looking for new homes.

RC51 would be my favorite out of the group, they look wicked all done up right.. those side radiators.. finding one for a good price is hard though

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03 GSXR 1000
I actually test drove one right before i drove the 750. The 750 was significantly narrower and more comfortable. any specific reason for the o3? cause it was the redesign?

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
I actually test drove one right before i drove the 750. The 750 was significantly narrower and more comfortable. any specific reason for the o3? cause it was the redesign?
probably because you listed you had one and he figured you would be familiar with it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
probably because you listed you had one and he figured you would be familiar with it?
ya maybe. A bit more info. On a scale of 1-10 where 10 is a professional engine builder, I would say I am a 7.5-8. I have done just about all the mechanical stuff you can imagine on a whole slew of bmw track cars, as well as Mustangs before that. My motorcycle knowledge is a bit more limited, but it cant be too far off.

I have heard a lot about the hondas, apparently they are not quite as quick as the others but significantly more comfortable - a trade i would gladly make on a bike thats going to stay mostly on the road. I havnt been able to find any clean ones locally (they all seem to have 30-50k miles) but I will make sure i pay extra attention to any that pop up.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice e30. Why did you sell it?
A gentleman up north made me an offer i couldn't say no to.... and I really wanted to get back into bikes, but I need at least 1 vehicle that is safe/stock/reliable - hence the truck. Also I do some side business rebuilding BMW motors, part cars, ect - so i needed a tow/haul vehicle. Car was fully built.

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
I have heard a lot about the hondas, apparently they are not quite as quick as the others but significantly more comfortable - a trade i would gladly make on a bike thats going to stay mostly on the road. I havnt been able to find any clean ones locally (they all seem to have 30-50k miles) but I will make sure i pay extra attention to any that pop up.

Well if you are looking for speed then the newer the motor you can find probably the better.

unless you want to spend 1500 on a GSXR1100 or Bandit1200 then invest in a turbo system

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again the bike is gonna be on the street. I am moving to austin in a month so i just want something to roll around on. Honestly the difference between a 2.9 0-60 time vs a 3.5 0-60 doesnt matter nearly as much as comfort, or reliablilty.

·
Cmon' Kitty!
777 Posts
Whatever you get, spend a couple hundred on a cap & mounts, then keep the bike in the back of the truck :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts