Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While discussing options for replacing my wife's totaled Rav4 we kind had an epiphany or a bit of a vision:D

Anyway we decided fuck this bargain shopping shit we are going to get her the car she really wants!(2010 Rav4 4door, sunroof, mistic gold, V6, around 50,000 miles) we are sick of seeing people checking out in the grocery line while playing with their iPhone5, or soaking up social security/welfare off their kids to pay for their 2013 camaro! While there's those of us out there working our asses off to pay for five year old phones and 15 year old cars that we regularly have to fix ourselves...

We work our tails off to provide a good life for our kids while watching our pennies...now don't get me wrong! I have a good life, a beautiful wife, 3 great kids, a decent house and truck, but I've worked for every damn bit of it!!! And all the while watching my tax dollars go to fund the neighbors drug habit or into some crooked politicians pocket (ok I'm done with my rant, you get the picture)

So while we are decide on which car my gal really wants she asks me what my dream bike would be...well ever since I seen a viper blue Buell S1 Lightning rumble through a Tacoma Starbucks parking lot I've been dieing to get my hands on a XB12S...so you know what she says!? "I think it's about time you get one"..........WTF!

Whip: are you serious?

Wife: yes honey, if that's your dream bike, you work alot for this family and you should be able to enjoy the bike you've always wanted

Whip: yeah but they're pretty expensive and not getting any cheaper as the years go by

Wife: all the more reason to get one now, you should just go Thur. Or Fri. Get a loan and go pick the one you want off Craig's List

....ok at this point I'm starting to shake, I can't believe she's saying this but I'm not argueing!!! I'm so fuckin jacked up right now I can hardly stand myself!!!

I've already got 2 bikes lined up and an appointment with the loan officer for Friday morning

This is the one I'm after...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

It comes with the stand its on, another seat and a few other bits, it only has 7800 miles on it, it's a 2004 xb12s with all maintenance records, his asking price is $5000 which I'm gladly going give him and never look back

So what do you guys think? Am I out of my mind?

I'm gonna go fuckin nuts waiting for Friday to come!!!:D :dancingmonkey:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
5k is a little high bring 5 but offer 4.5k cash he will say yes then you $500 for upgrades and then ride the wheels off that bitch!! Wish my would say that lol

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know 5k is a bit high, but both bikes are well under 10,000 miles and I know when taken care of they can go just as long as the Harley Sportster....

....and I'm not gonna make excuses, I want one of these bikes so damn bad I can taste it! Like I mentioned before I been dreamin about owning one for about 10 years

Here's the other one that I got in my sights
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
This one is flat out showroom condition, its a 2005 with 8600 miles, but no upgrades at all

This is the first one(I know exactly the same)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
This is a 2004 with 7800 miles and comes with the peg stand, bar end mirrors, manuals, extra Corbin seat and a couple other things, said he would take $4800 but then no extras, I'm not really sure I need or even want that shit for the extra $200

The 2005 is being sold by one of those snoody high end shops that prides in only selling spendy shit, and most of their stuff IS spendy, but I'm sure they will have checked it over good and might even toss a little guarantee on it

The 2004 is a private party deal and in his reply email starts in on how the bike is well worth $5000, doesn't really want to take a certified cashiers check, don't call before 4pm Friday.....kinda anal if ya ask me!

Anyway, what y'all think? I'm havin trouble figuring which one is the better option and being that they're identical makes it even harder...

...need some input guys....please!...I'm drivin myself nuts here

Reactions: ROBBO

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Whatever you do don't go pay full price right of the bat. Negotiate! The worst he could do is say no but cash talks. If you ealk in and tell him you love it and always wanted one then you just gave up a good chunk of cash

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Whatever you do don't go pay full price right of the bat. Negotiate! The worst he could do is say no but cash talks. If you ealk in and tell him you love it and always wanted one then you just gave up a good chunk of cash
:thumbsup:

Bring cash(a handful of Benjamins does alot of negotiating). Act like you're interested, but unsure if you want it.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I say go for it amigo. If the wife is giving her blessing you better jump on it while you can! My wife did the same last week when I was JOKING about buying a Buell. No kidding. I had some extra cash and wanted one, etc. She said "OK". Literally, that's all she said. And now I have this...

I know it's a different model, but my point is damnit, go for it! I love this damn thing. I literally got it to fart around on while my Triumph is being finalized but holy shit I love this biotch!

Go... now.. and buy it! And then post pics!

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
I agree. I say go for it but try to get the best price you can. My wife agreed to let me get a bike but when I bought she "forgot" she agreed to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VAG Commander
755 Posts
I would take cash to look at both and start off offering 4K. I would let them both know that I am looking at the identical bike elsewhere and plan on taking one home today. You should be able to take one home for $4500:thumbsup:

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Very nice bikes.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear what you guys are sayin, but man! It gonna be hard to contain myself!

I feel like a teenage girl that's about to meet Justin beiber....er...well you know what I mean

The 2005 at the shop looks to be in pristine condition, I can't even spot a scuff on it in the pics...and that's the one I'm going after tomorrow, I've already talked him down to $5k from $5495 just on the phone so I don't think they'll go much more, Im going to try for $4800 using the lower miles and extra parts on the other bike as justification

I just talked to the owner of the bike on the peg stand and received some disappointing info.........

.....the bike has been down...:( apparently he lost the front at low speed and laid it over, he said it slid for about 20 feet, it bent the bars, chewed up the peg, one of the air scoops and the frame sliders, he said he replaced everything but the scoop which just has some scratches I guess...it doesn't bother me that much that it's been down especially at low speed but for that kinda money it really needs to be flawless like the other bike

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have to admit I never really paid much attention to the X bike but it's actually pretty cool.....a dual sport with a Harley motor how cool is that!!!:)

I'm sure I'll love my new XB, as soon as I get my hands on it! The suspense is killing me! I'm stuck at work and I just keep watching YouTube clips of various XB's

Now that I'll have 2 functional bikes I'll be able to tear the Gix down and build a proper fighter out of it:D

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The same place that has my XB12 also has this smokin 2009 XB9
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

I flat out love the color and attitude of this bike, but givin the choice I have to go for the 12......but if for some crazy reason someone comes blowing in off the street and buys the 12 I would be more than happy to work out a deal for the 9:)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts