Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here we go again....

So as most know I sold my other Gix fighter but still have the frame and stuff from the second bike that came with it, well in return for helping me work on mine I told my buddy I would give him the frame to start his build and today he finally got off his ass and bought a motor for it(2002 GSXR600) so here we go again boys!:knucks:

Pics:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Spoke

^^in the early stages
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Rim

^^got a tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car

^^ still pretty ugly
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

Now that's a little better:D

The frame is a 2003 GSXR750 frame, the motor will be a 2002 GSXR600, the front and back wheels and forks are off of a 1991 Kawasaki ZX7 that is no longer with us

Deer and elk season are knocking on our doors but we'll try to keep this build moving

More to come....

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tail is a 2007 zx7, there's no headlight, it's just a shroud that we stole off of a toy snowmobile sled:D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
07 zx7? Don't think I remember that model

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Lol it would have to be a zx6 they stopped the 636 in 06 then picked it back up this year. It's all good I was just busting your balls cuz the zx7 stopped production in 02 or 04. Looks pretty sweet to bad it's only getting 6 and not the 1k into it

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah we wanted bigger but we could pass up a complete running 600 for only $300, I'll post a pic

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, we hooked up a battery to see if it would turn over, the starter turns but it turns the wrong way so it doesn't engage the starter clutch! Why would it do that?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Games

Toolroom Engine Auto part Machine Electronics

It's really clean, just needed to get it to crank some we can check a few things

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know that, but how is this possible in this situation, positive from solenoid to starter, ground to negative on battery?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I thought the same thing so we took the starter gear cover off and I held the gear in with my had while sky jumped the solenoid and everything spins good its just the wrong way...if I rotate the gear the other way I can feel the starter clutch catch so it seems to be engageing...

...is it possible that some one removed the starter clutch itself and put it back in the wrong way?

When sky bought it the guy said the motor had been rebuilt about 6mo before he decided to part the bike out...I guess the guy had about 6 various GSXR's and a shit ton of parts, the guy grabbed a starter out of the pile of starters he had to go with the motor

The starter fits perfect so I don't get it...

...could it have something to do with needing the button and controls plugged in?? I wouldn't think so, if we jump the solenoid it should turn the right way(scratching head)

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I got it!!!!

We need the flip the center section(the magnet case) end for end and that should make it switch direction, I know it sounds crazy but I googled it and a guy on an ATV forum said he replaced the brushes in his 400ex starter then had the same problem so he flipped the center case over and it turned the right way....

I never heard of this but I'll try it!:)

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey thanks for tryin shiny, hope this works:)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Good luck let us know how she sounds when you get her cranked

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do...

My buddy tried to turn that around on the starter but there's tabs that would let it go together like that.......it must just be the wrong starter?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha! We cut the tabs off and turned it around...it worked!!!! It's crankin the motor in the right direction, turns out the starter was from a 2007 which were reversed from the 2003's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts