Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

who built a one off subframe

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  shift1313 
#1 ·
well im thinkin on building a one off subframe but i have a few q's the stock subframe ends where it bolts to the frame has a plug in it so its solid where the bolt goes through any one know where i can get such a thing??

#5 ·
yeah pretty much what i want to do is use round tubing get a plug made with the same size of the id of the tubing im using maybe someone on here can make me some??

#8 ·
what exactly you need made?

I think I understand. you need a plug for the end of the tubing, then it needs to have an eye in in to bolt to the subframe bracket? is that right? if thats all you need then send me the dimensions and I can pretty much do it for the cost of material. I'm teaching a friend to machine and it would be a good lathe/mill project for him.

#9 ·
yeah for sure thats exactly what i need i really dont even need the eye drilled in it just need the plug so yeah just some lathing of aluminum material ill buy the stuff tomorrow hopefully and then ill message ya the dimensions and such. that would be sweet mang

#16 ·
I had my subframe rails water Jet cut,

#17 ·
well i bought some tubing today as well i got some aluminum rod that is pretty much the id of the tubing its so close it will work regardless any way yea so this weekend if i have some time ill start fabbing it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.