Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Re: Who Makes These Fork Emulators?

Those aren't emulators. You sure you don't have cartridge inserts in there? Looks like preload and rebound or compression adjustment.

emulators go inside the fork and aren't visible from the outside.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Okay cool I really dont know about this kinda stuff. I'd just as soon swap the entire from end for USD's. I know these forks have Traxxion springs in them but thats all I know about the them.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So I guess these are cartridges? A member on SVRider told me these looked to be AK20's which are apparently worth some good money. The pics make them look Black, but the bodies of these are actually Blue, for whatever thats worth.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not sure, but you should look into selling them to 650r owners. 650r has no adjustment, so they look to SV650 parts to gain a little on a budget.
Best bet is to pull them and look for some numbers or get complete pictures.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Those could be gsxr cartridges. I have the same ones in my forks. Tops look different though. That's preload and dampning. No compression. Compression adjustment is at the bottom of the fork.

If they are AK20s, there should be an R on one cap and a C on the other. AK20's use rebound on one fork leg and compression on the other. And they should be 20mm if you pull them out.

Though, AK20's come with omni springs, to the riders weight. These are pretty decent springs, so unless you're the third owner of this conversion I don't know why they're replace the springs with traxxion. When I had my gsxr conversion done I upgraded to traxxion springs, but that was to get away from the stockers I had.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They ended up just being the caps but everyonne keeps telling me thyre AK20 caps. They vant be GSXR caps unless youre referring to old ones using 39mm forks. I was rold theyre not worth shit. Like $50 or something. is that true? Is it THAT bad? felt like I got the rug pulled out from under me

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Is there a C on one cap and R on the other? Who just puts caps on a race bike? Unless the guy pulled the AK20's before he sold it, replaced it with stock internals, and didn't have the old caps to put back.

I dunno, I'm not sure of sv's forks. The guy who did my cartridge conversion started on SV's and used my forks as a trial with 650's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts