Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
this is mitch
my last day of riding something was rattling under the bike. i got by the bike and saw that the battery box had broke loose, i figured it was welded or bolted down to something so i knew that it needed fixed.

when smokey got into the bike he said that there was gas dumping on a battery terminal, and a part that would prevent this was missing, i didnt have that tank off the entire time i owned it.

i am not trying to blame anyone either, I just know that i didn't take this part off the tank and frankly i am sorry now that i just didn't take the "big risk" and tear into the bike in order to find something like this.

When i rode the 900 i rode it hard and put it away wet, I did all of the general maintenance and even went above when i knew i could. I kept the stock air box because i knew that was better then the pods on 900rr motors (read that on fireblades) I changed all of the fluids and did everything i could to ensure it was running in tip top shape.

This mouse in the airbox thing really had me scratching my head yet...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
hahaha. holy fuck. someones been hanging onto their words for a while and happy to be back on a keyboard :D

I think I still have all those pics of it paully from the gravel pit. :D

Whatever man, bikes get ridden and scratched up all the time, nothin to be ashamed of. I got some bad spots on both my bikes, but its like my mama told me, the scars just add character.

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
METAL MITCH POSTING ON DAN'S NAME.

FIRST OFF i told you flat out that i never had this machine apart. Before the last season ended like the last day i rode it. i heard a rattling sound, which later you found out that the battery box had came lose and began ratting around I also told you that my garage at this time was in mt carmel... you know coal dust country.

Speaking of that it makes me curious, do you remember when you said that some key component of the fuel tank was missing? well like i said to you i never had the bike apart... i am not pointing any fingers here but... come on guys if you are going to be selling your project bikes to other people AT LEAST ensure its safe.

Troy AKA smokey dug into the bike to investigate the rattling sound found GAS POURING ONTO ONE OF OF THE FUCKING BATTERY LEADS... I said that i never had the bike apart yet again due to not being the one that had modified it in the first place... this bike being my daily rider i was too scared to get too far into it.. mess something up too bad and have a huge bill trying to get someone to help me fix it (read i said help not do like, when dougz came to HELP me fix my gsxr its how i learn...) so i could enjoy my bike.

Cambandit rode the bike before... very very fast i might add in early September.. So he is witness that that bike rode just fine.

I had the seat of the bike off to investigate a rattling sound but after i got that far into it i am not going to sit here and lie to you, i was too scared to go any further. I didn't build the bike, i received the bike 2ND hand by yet a 2nd builder. this taught me a lesson, i am never going to buy a bike that was a friend of someones project bike. I had a buddy over to peek at the wiring harness and he said "this resembles nothing of the stock harness so i am lost here dude." so the speedo was nonfunctional the entire life of me owning the bike.

Also i am no master at the building a bike or at maintenance but if i were to find something as crazy as a fucking "mouse nest" i would be sure to snap a few pictures of my findings, i don't know but you don't see stuff like that very often at all on a bike that was rode once a month or better started every 2 weeks for sure. I have no fucking clue how that got into there but it sure didn't get into there on my watch.

Tires were not flat either, when we rolled that bike off of the van they rolled as easy as could be. Dan was there and rolled it up the hill with me due to your bad back. The RC51 tires were flat but i told you that bike saw better days and flat out told you that the RC tires were well.. flat.. To which you told me you just pumped up the rear rc51 tire and it was fixed.

but one thing you have me on, i am sure that the powder coating was chipped, this is my thinking behind this... Paul paid you what you wanted for ownership of the bike, then when pauls ride with the old girl was up due to his troubles with johnny law. I coughed up the dead presidents required to ride that machine. And ride i did. i burned out on it, endoed it, rode stoppies on it and had some of the most fun of my life on two wheels on that bike. Now if it was on a LOAN these are all valid complaints but it was titled to me and i rode it to hell and back.

(also a side note here, The bike wasn't neglected. I changed the front brake pads but i was too freaked out to get into the rear wheel until dan offered up his time to help me due it it being something i never done. I flushed out the coolant twice due to boredom read online and put in *exactly* what the motorcycle maker (honda called for) i changed the oil 3 times with 2 new filters (i changed the oil the first time to get a look at the oil its something i do on all my new to me bikes) I changed the fluid in the front lines, I shaved the bars down to exactly my arm length, I bought a new clutch cable and gave that to smokey when i sold it to him) And warned him that the throttle cables were very sloppy and were my next thing to buy (shoe string budget) :(

Not to mention i gave smokey EVERY single spare part for the 900rr i owned and even gave him the VFR wheel that i am sure he resold for a killing. (with a fresh tire) and even ran home to get the spacer that was already on the bike.

Did i sit it in the street and wash and wax it with at tooth brush? no.. i took it to a car wash or didnt hurry home when it was calling for rain. I ride my bikes, not polish them to a sheen.

I have yet saw pictures of the bike in its new outfit but i am glad it found another home. When is the turobed black bird motor getting installed on it :rock:

Also troy now that troubles are being spoke about that bike still is popping and firing out of the intake, I got on the buell forums and they told me that it just needed mapped or i could get away with the air box breather mod. I did this and the acceleration stumble is still there... I did more research and i either have to flash the bike with a 30.00 flash program or if i wanted to do it the "right" way take it to the HD dealer down the road for a 350.00 custom map to be loaded on to it. Not sure what to do here..

Also remember when you pointed out that the PO had used an allen key for the torques bolt? well that bold was in with some of that factory loctite, it was... stuck.. i was getting discouraged and dan fired out a way to get it off but the belly pan didn't exactly fair so well.. but i am not really worried about all of that.
Dude..straight up no BS. You should stick to newer bikes that you can have the dealer service for you. I'm not even going to try and explain.. All I know is the bike was right when it left my garage the first time. The second time it needed a lot of work.. You and Paul were the owners in between.. it doesn't really matter to me when or who fucked it all up, I still made money on it twice and it looks good again now. She's got a good home with an owner that will treat it right. The rest is the past so who cares..

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
Dude..straight up no BS. You should stick to newer bikes that you can have the dealer service for you. I'm not even going to try and explain.. All I know is the bike was right when it left my garage the first time. The second time it needed a lot of work.. You and Paul were the owners in between.. it doesn't really matter to me when or who fucked it all up, I still made money on it twice and it looks good again now. She's got a good home with an owner that will treat it right. The rest is the past so who cares..
this wasn't just an "older bike" i know my way around 80s bikes just fine... if i can refer to a manual if something isn't working right.

i bought this bike when it was a project bike from someone that had it as a project bike. the wiring loom was custom and the bike from the tank and sub frame back was 100% custom.

I wasn't trying to stir up anything, my attention was called to this thread and me and dan spoke truth. Also i still want to see pics of this mouse nest

·
That's Mr.Newbie to you.
1,884 Posts
Well i'd originally sent them on Monday before FF. Wellll I went into the ost office later that week (Friday or Saturday), and the lady casually mentioned they had a box with my return address on it because they couldn't read the city or zipcode or some shit, soooooo it didn't even leave until FF was almost over.

That's what I get for using an inner city post office I guess. Ask ultimatefighter how horrible they are and I'm sure he'll tell ya all about it. Lol

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
yes, any leftover awards that didnt make it or had wardrobe malfunctions can most def be used next year. . .

so looks like we got a headstart on them! Great success! :thumbsup:

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
this wasn't just an "older bike" i know my way around 80s bikes just fine... if i can refer to a manual if something isn't working right.

i bought this bike when it was a project bike from someone that had it as a project bike. the wiring loom was custom and the bike from the tank and sub frame back was 100% custom.

I wasn't trying to stir up anything, my attention was called to this thread and me and dan spoke truth. Also i still want to see pics of this mouse nest
Whatever.. who fucking cares. Yeah, I made everything up, the bike was in great shape and there was no mouse nest. You really know your way around bikes and did an excellent job taking care it. :speechless:

Just when I thought I'd come back and start posting again, I see nothing has changed... I'm outa here.. Those that want to ride with me know how to reach me. Later..

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)

That was the condition of the bike when Mitch bought it from me with the exception of the damage caused by Trucker when he dropped it at FF. Which was some scratches on the swingarm, statorcover, and barend. Ceasar did a good job finishing if off. i think the clip ons, and fender was a nice touch along with all the new paint work.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts